Anne Hathaway to Sing and Play Kurt's Lesbian Aunt on 'Glee'
Anne Hathaway's "Glee" dream came true at the Golden Globes on Sunday, January 16 - the show's creator Ryan Murphy approached the actress and offered her a role in the hit TV series. "The Devil Wears Prada" star is a longtime fan of the all-singing, all-dancing program, and last year revealed she wants to play a long lost relative of Chris Colfer's gay character Kurt Hummel.
In an interview, she said, "In my head, I've cast myself in Glee and I know what song I'm going to sing! I would wanna play Kurt's long-lost aunt's mother's sister who is also gay, (who) comes back to help him deal with his sexuality, and I would sing You Are Not Alone from Stephen Sondheim's epic show Into the Woods."
Hathaway's suggestion has now been accepted by Murphy, who agreed to let the actress appear in the show when he saw her at the Golden Globes ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday. He tells Access Hollywood, "It is true. She said it in the press that she wants to play Chris Colfer's lesbian aunt. She walked by our table (at the Golden Gloves) and we have a mutual friend and I said, 'Do you really want to do it?' And she said, 'I do.' And I said, 'OK, we're gonna do it.' "
"I think we'll do it probably in a month and a half or so... I have to talk to Anne about what she wants to sing. I'm sure she has ideas." And Colfer, who won the award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a TV Series, is delighted with the casting news, adding: "I'm so excited. I love her and I worship her."
More Glee News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce