Anne Hathaway to Sing and Play Kurt's Lesbian Aunt on 'Glee'
Anne Hathaway's "Glee" dream came true at the Golden Globes on Sunday, January 16 - the show's creator Ryan Murphy approached the actress and offered her a role in the hit TV series. "The Devil Wears Prada" star is a longtime fan of the all-singing, all-dancing program, and last year revealed she wants to play a long lost relative of Chris Colfer's gay character Kurt Hummel.
In an interview, she said, "In my head, I've cast myself in Glee and I know what song I'm going to sing! I would wanna play Kurt's long-lost aunt's mother's sister who is also gay, (who) comes back to help him deal with his sexuality, and I would sing You Are Not Alone from Stephen Sondheim's epic show Into the Woods."
Hathaway's suggestion has now been accepted by Murphy, who agreed to let the actress appear in the show when he saw her at the Golden Globes ceremony in Los Angeles on Sunday. He tells Access Hollywood, "It is true. She said it in the press that she wants to play Chris Colfer's lesbian aunt. She walked by our table (at the Golden Gloves) and we have a mutual friend and I said, 'Do you really want to do it?' And she said, 'I do.' And I said, 'OK, we're gonna do it.' "
"I think we'll do it probably in a month and a half or so... I have to talk to Anne about what she wants to sing. I'm sure she has ideas." And Colfer, who won the award for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a TV Series, is delighted with the casting news, adding: "I'm so excited. I love her and I worship her."
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory