Annette Bening Praises HFPA for Not Letting Protesters Spoil Golden Globes
Annette Bening has praised Golden Globes organizers for refusing to let anti-gay protesters spoil the ceremony, after a group demonstrated outside the venue on Sunday night, January 16. Members of the right-wing Westboro Baptist Church, known for taking an extreme stance against homosexuality, picketed the event at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles as part of an anti-gay protest.
Bosses at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), who organize the Golden Globes, made sure the demonstrators did not get near the star-studded show, and Bening, who stars as a lesbian mother in Globe-winning movie "The Kids Are All Right", admits she found the protests disturbing.
She tells the Hollywood Reporter, "That made me very sad. They may have had (The Kids Are All Right in mind). I think that gives us all the more reason to go to the Golden Globes, and for the HFPA to see beyond that, (not) caught up behind the narrow mindedness."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri