Annette Bening Praises HFPA for Not Letting Protesters Spoil Golden Globes
Annette Bening has praised Golden Globes organizers for refusing to let anti-gay protesters spoil the ceremony, after a group demonstrated outside the venue on Sunday night, January 16. Members of the right-wing Westboro Baptist Church, known for taking an extreme stance against homosexuality, picketed the event at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles as part of an anti-gay protest.
Bosses at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), who organize the Golden Globes, made sure the demonstrators did not get near the star-studded show, and Bening, who stars as a lesbian mother in Globe-winning movie "The Kids Are All Right", admits she found the protests disturbing.
She tells the Hollywood Reporter, "That made me very sad. They may have had (The Kids Are All Right in mind). I think that gives us all the more reason to go to the Golden Globes, and for the HFPA to see beyond that, (not) caught up behind the narrow mindedness."
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs
- Nicole Kidman Says She Was Too Young When She Married Tom Cruise
- Watch Trailer for 30 Seconds to Mars' 'Camp Mars: The Concert Film'
- Britney Spears Sucks Helium and Hilariously Sings a Taylor Swift Hit
- 'Twin Peaks' Debuts Extended Chilling Teaser Featuring Familiar Tune