Annette Bening Praises HFPA for Not Letting Protesters Spoil Golden Globes
Annette Bening has praised Golden Globes organizers for refusing to let anti-gay protesters spoil the ceremony, after a group demonstrated outside the venue on Sunday night, January 16. Members of the right-wing Westboro Baptist Church, known for taking an extreme stance against homosexuality, picketed the event at the Beverly Hilton hotel in Los Angeles as part of an anti-gay protest.
Bosses at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association (HFPA), who organize the Golden Globes, made sure the demonstrators did not get near the star-studded show, and Bening, who stars as a lesbian mother in Globe-winning movie "The Kids Are All Right", admits she found the protests disturbing.
She tells the Hollywood Reporter, "That made me very sad. They may have had (The Kids Are All Right in mind). I think that gives us all the more reason to go to the Golden Globes, and for the HFPA to see beyond that, (not) caught up behind the narrow mindedness."
- Listen to David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' Feat. Nicki Minaj and Lil Wayne
- Report: Friends Fear for Lisa Rinna's Life as She Takes Pills to Stay Thin
- Gwyneth Paltrow Talks Anal Sex: 'It's Practically Standard in the Modern Bedroom Repertoire'
- Fashion Fail! Caitlyn Jenner Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction as She Exposes Her Bra in Sheer Top
- Amy Schumer Drops Out of 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR