Robert De Niro Broke His Golden Globe Trophy Into Pieces
Robert De Niro was left red-faced at the Golden Globes on Sunday night, January 16 after his lifetime achievement trophy fell to pieces. The Hollywood legend was honored with the coveted Cecil B. DeMille prize at the star-studded ceremony in Los Angeles.
He took to the stage to accept the award, but the trophy broke shortly afterwards and the embarrassed actor was forced to explain its absence to reporters backstage. De Niro said, "The top fell off. They warned me. They'll have to solder it back on."
When accepting the honor on the Sunday evening, De Niro said in his acceptance speech, "I'm sorry more members of the foreign press aren't with us tonight. But many were deported right before the show along with most of the waiters. And Javier Bardem."
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'