Robert De Niro Broke His Golden Globe Trophy Into Pieces
Robert De Niro was left red-faced at the Golden Globes on Sunday night, January 16 after his lifetime achievement trophy fell to pieces. The Hollywood legend was honored with the coveted Cecil B. DeMille prize at the star-studded ceremony in Los Angeles.
He took to the stage to accept the award, but the trophy broke shortly afterwards and the embarrassed actor was forced to explain its absence to reporters backstage. De Niro said, "The top fell off. They warned me. They'll have to solder it back on."
When accepting the honor on the Sunday evening, De Niro said in his acceptance speech, "I'm sorry more members of the foreign press aren't with us tonight. But many were deported right before the show along with most of the waiters. And Javier Bardem."
- Watch Music Video for Justin Bieber and DJ Khaled's New Collab 'I'm the One'
- Khloe Kardashian Hits Back at Hater Over Cuddly Pic With Scott Disick
- Angelina Jolie Throws Divorce Party
- 'Rob & Chyna' Filming Halted Because of Kris Jenner
- Harry Styles Announces First Solo World Tour
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound