Robert De Niro Broke His Golden Globe Trophy Into Pieces
Robert De Niro was left red-faced at the Golden Globes on Sunday night, January 16 after his lifetime achievement trophy fell to pieces. The Hollywood legend was honored with the coveted Cecil B. DeMille prize at the star-studded ceremony in Los Angeles.
He took to the stage to accept the award, but the trophy broke shortly afterwards and the embarrassed actor was forced to explain its absence to reporters backstage. De Niro said, "The top fell off. They warned me. They'll have to solder it back on."
When accepting the honor on the Sunday evening, De Niro said in his acceptance speech, "I'm sorry more members of the foreign press aren't with us tonight. But many were deported right before the show along with most of the waiters. And Javier Bardem."
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes
- Sia and Diplo Team Up for 'Waving Goodbye' From 'The Neon Demon'
- Farrah Abraham Slammed for Posting Photos of Her 7-Year-Old Daughter in Bikinis
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Reportedly Plans to Confront Tyga After Kylie Jenner Reunion