Robert De Niro Broke His Golden Globe Trophy Into Pieces
Robert De Niro was left red-faced at the Golden Globes on Sunday night, January 16 after his lifetime achievement trophy fell to pieces. The Hollywood legend was honored with the coveted Cecil B. DeMille prize at the star-studded ceremony in Los Angeles.
He took to the stage to accept the award, but the trophy broke shortly afterwards and the embarrassed actor was forced to explain its absence to reporters backstage. De Niro said, "The top fell off. They warned me. They'll have to solder it back on."
When accepting the honor on the Sunday evening, De Niro said in his acceptance speech, "I'm sorry more members of the foreign press aren't with us tonight. But many were deported right before the show along with most of the waiters. And Javier Bardem."
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video