Zsa Zsa Gabor Has No Clue Her Leg Is Amputated
Ailing actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is unaware doctors amputated half of her right leg on Friday, January 14, according to her husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt. Gabor was forced to lose her limb after a course of strong antibiotics proved ineffective in treating a serious gangrene infection.
Surgeons removed the infected part of her leg at Los Angeles' UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center on Friday and the operation went without complication. Von Anhalt revealed on Saturday, January 15 his wife is talking and responding well following the surgery - but she's still not aware that doctors have removed part of her leg.
He tells Reuters, "She talks to me and she smiles a little bit. I told them (doctors) not to talk to her, because I didn't want her to get hysterical and the blood pressure goes up."
Von Anhalt plans to tell Gabor about the procedure in the next few days. The actress' spokesman John Blanchette hopes the star will be able to return to her Beverly Hills home after two weeks in time to celebrate her 94th birthday on February 6, but Gabor's recovery in hospital could take up to four weeks.
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama
- LOL! Prince Harry Hilariously Photobombs 'ANTM' Star Winnie Harlow's Picture
- Kanye West Robbed, Computers Stolen From His Studio