Zsa Zsa Gabor Has No Clue Her Leg Is Amputated
Ailing actress Zsa Zsa Gabor is unaware doctors amputated half of her right leg on Friday, January 14, according to her husband Frederic Prinz von Anhalt. Gabor was forced to lose her limb after a course of strong antibiotics proved ineffective in treating a serious gangrene infection.
Surgeons removed the infected part of her leg at Los Angeles' UCLA Ronald Reagan Medical Center on Friday and the operation went without complication. Von Anhalt revealed on Saturday, January 15 his wife is talking and responding well following the surgery - but she's still not aware that doctors have removed part of her leg.
He tells Reuters, "She talks to me and she smiles a little bit. I told them (doctors) not to talk to her, because I didn't want her to get hysterical and the blood pressure goes up."
Von Anhalt plans to tell Gabor about the procedure in the next few days. The actress' spokesman John Blanchette hopes the star will be able to return to her Beverly Hills home after two weeks in time to celebrate her 94th birthday on February 6, but Gabor's recovery in hospital could take up to four weeks.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'