John Mayer's TV Show Still in Development
John Mayer's hectic work schedule has forced him to delay plans for his own variety show, but the programme is still "in development", according to a TV chief. The rocker announced plans to enter the TV industry in 2009 after landing a deal with America's CBS network.
New updates about the show have been few and far between, prompting fans to assume it had been axed. But CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler insists Mayer is still committed to the project, which has been described as a "music/variety sketch show" - and is coming up with ideas in between working on his next album.
She tells news show Access Hollywood, "I was with him - there was a thing that he did... last week for just kind of trying out some new music. He's very (into his) new album, (and his) new music, so once he has time - I mean this is like the busiest man in music, so once he has time, we'll hopefully get back in."
More John Mayer News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed