John Mayer's TV Show Still in Development
John Mayer's hectic work schedule has forced him to delay plans for his own variety show, but the programme is still "in development", according to a TV chief. The rocker announced plans to enter the TV industry in 2009 after landing a deal with America's CBS network.
New updates about the show have been few and far between, prompting fans to assume it had been axed. But CBS Entertainment President Nina Tassler insists Mayer is still committed to the project, which has been described as a "music/variety sketch show" - and is coming up with ideas in between working on his next album.
She tells news show Access Hollywood, "I was with him - there was a thing that he did... last week for just kind of trying out some new music. He's very (into his) new album, (and his) new music, so once he has time - I mean this is like the busiest man in music, so once he has time, we'll hopefully get back in."
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville