'My Name Is Khan' Wins Bollywood Award
Indian film "My Name Is Khan" was the toast of Bollywood on Friday, January 14 as it took the top prizes at the Zee Cine Awards. The ceremony, held in Singapore this year, drew the Indian Hindi film industry's top stars, who flew in for the 13th annual event at the Marina Bay Sands resort.
Drama "My Name Is Khan", about an autistic Muslim man who travels to the U.S., picked up the best director prize for Karan Johar and best actor title for Shahrukh Khan. "I'm very honoured, I'm very thrilled," said Khan. "I promise everyone here that I will work very, very hard and make sure that... at the end of my life and at the end of my career, I am deserving of all that you have given me."
The Best Film award went to action-packed police drama "Dabangg". Indian actress Vidya Balan was named the best female actor for her role in "Ishqiya", in which she plays a widow romanced by a pair of con men.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date