'My Name Is Khan' Wins Bollywood Award
Indian film "My Name Is Khan" was the toast of Bollywood on Friday, January 14 as it took the top prizes at the Zee Cine Awards. The ceremony, held in Singapore this year, drew the Indian Hindi film industry's top stars, who flew in for the 13th annual event at the Marina Bay Sands resort.
Drama "My Name Is Khan", about an autistic Muslim man who travels to the U.S., picked up the best director prize for Karan Johar and best actor title for Shahrukh Khan. "I'm very honoured, I'm very thrilled," said Khan. "I promise everyone here that I will work very, very hard and make sure that... at the end of my life and at the end of my career, I am deserving of all that you have given me."
The Best Film award went to action-packed police drama "Dabangg". Indian actress Vidya Balan was named the best female actor for her role in "Ishqiya", in which she plays a widow romanced by a pair of con men.
- 'Power Rangers' First Full Trailer Offers First Official Look at Zordon and Megazord
- Caitlyn Jenner's Rep Clears Up Rumors of Inaugural Dance With Donald Trump
- Nancy Sinatra Slams Donald Trump for Using Her Father's Song at His Inauguration Ball
- Ariana Grande Shares Sweet Birthday Message for 'Soulmate' Mac Miller
- Bella Thorne Gets Flirty With Zedd on Twitter and His Fans Absolutely Hate It
- Fetty Wap and Monty Flaunt Million-Dollar Bling in New Video for 'S**t I Like'
- Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Reportedly Fighting Over Whether to Have Baby No. 3
- Suki Waterhouse Flashes Nipples in See-Through Dress During Chilly Beach Photo Shoot