'My Name Is Khan' Wins Bollywood Award
Indian film "My Name Is Khan" was the toast of Bollywood on Friday, January 14 as it took the top prizes at the Zee Cine Awards. The ceremony, held in Singapore this year, drew the Indian Hindi film industry's top stars, who flew in for the 13th annual event at the Marina Bay Sands resort.
Drama "My Name Is Khan", about an autistic Muslim man who travels to the U.S., picked up the best director prize for Karan Johar and best actor title for Shahrukh Khan. "I'm very honoured, I'm very thrilled," said Khan. "I promise everyone here that I will work very, very hard and make sure that... at the end of my life and at the end of my career, I am deserving of all that you have given me."
The Best Film award went to action-packed police drama "Dabangg". Indian actress Vidya Balan was named the best female actor for her role in "Ishqiya", in which she plays a widow romanced by a pair of con men.
- Donnie Wahlberg, and Not Kim K., Sets Guiness World Record for Most Selfies in 3 Minutes
- Benedict Cumberbatch Channels Doctor Strange to Diagnose the Avengers in New Promo Clip
- Taylor Swift's Alleged Groping Photo Leaks Despite Sealed by Judge
- Nicole Richie Doesn't Regret Her Wild Past: I Was Just 'Being Me'
- Lady GaGa Makes a Japanese Bride Extra Happy With This Sweet Gesture. Watch It!
- 'Rogue One': Gareth Edwards Teases Ben Mendelsohn's 'Working Class' Character
- Laverne Cox Is a 'Bad B***h,' Slays Nicki Minaj's 'Roman's Revenge' in 'Lip Sync Battle' Clip
- Jack O'Connell to Star as Alexander McQueen in Biopic