'My Name Is Khan' Wins Bollywood Award
Indian film "My Name Is Khan" was the toast of Bollywood on Friday, January 14 as it took the top prizes at the Zee Cine Awards. The ceremony, held in Singapore this year, drew the Indian Hindi film industry's top stars, who flew in for the 13th annual event at the Marina Bay Sands resort.
Drama "My Name Is Khan", about an autistic Muslim man who travels to the U.S., picked up the best director prize for Karan Johar and best actor title for Shahrukh Khan. "I'm very honoured, I'm very thrilled," said Khan. "I promise everyone here that I will work very, very hard and make sure that... at the end of my life and at the end of my career, I am deserving of all that you have given me."
The Best Film award went to action-packed police drama "Dabangg". Indian actress Vidya Balan was named the best female actor for her role in "Ishqiya", in which she plays a widow romanced by a pair of con men.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy