TCA: 'Two and Half Men' Crew Have High Concerns for Charlie Sheen
TV network executives behind Charlie Sheen's hit comedy "Two and a Half Men" have a "high level of concern" about the actor's personal troubles - but continue to stand by the star because he is always "a professional" at work. Sheen has been in and out of the headlines since his 2009 Christmas arrest in Aspen, Colorado following a heated altercation with his now-estranged wife Brooke Mueller.
He hit the headlines again in October when police were called to his suite at a New York hotel during a night of passion with actress/model Capri Anderson, after he allegedly lost his temper and trashed the room. The incident is currently under investigation by cops and Anderson has lodged a second-degree harassment complaint against the actor.
Sheen's continued employment by CBS bosses has come under scrutiny in recent months and Nina Tassler, president of the network's entertainment division, faced a flurry of tough questions from the press during the Television Critics Association Winter 2011 Session in California on Friday, January 14.
Responding to a query about Sheen's off-set behavior, Tassler admitted CBS chiefs were worried about the affect his actions would have on his family life. She said, "We have a high level of concern and how could we not? On a very basic human level, concern, of course. This man is a father; he's got children; he has a family... but you can't look at it simplistically."
And she defended the company's decision to keep Two and a Half Men on air, insisting TV bosses had no qualms about his professionalism as the sitcom continues to prove a success: "Charlie is a professional. He comes to work, he does his job extremely well. He certainly knows how we feel... he knows the level of concern that we have. Right now, the show continues to be as successful as it always is. Everyone is doing their job and things are continuing as planned."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance