Michael Jackson's Dad to Launch His Perfume Line
Michael Jackson's father is set to launch a fragrance collection dedicated to his late son. Joe Jackson has teamed up with a French perfume company to create the male and female scents, called Jackson's Tribute and Jackson's Legend, which are inspired by plants grown at the late King of Pop's Neverland Ranch.
The family patriarch signed the deal with bosses of the Julian Rouas Paris company last month, and the fragrances have since gone into production ahead of a March 7 release in the U.S. A portion of the proceeds will given to a number of the late singer's favorite charities.
The firm's chief executive, Franck Rouas, tells the AFP, "With Joe Jackson, we are 50-50 partners in world sales, television rights and advertising receipts (for the collection)... We did it very, very quickly. Usually it takes a year." A representative for Jackson's estate has confirmed the project has not been authorized by them, branding it "a Joe Jackson deal".
More Michael Jackson News
- Kylie Jenner Offers Fan Feeling Her Boobs to Prove They're Real
- Britney Spears, Elton John, Calvin Harris to Headline 10th Apple Music Festival in London
- Rob Kardashian Criticizes His Family for Not 'Welcoming' of His Relationship With Blac Chyna
- 'Scream Queens': Hester Will Help Find the Killer in Season 2. Is She No Longer the Bad Guy?
- Possible Main Villains in 'The Flash' Film Are Revealed, 'Doctor Strange' May Feature Brother Voodoo
- Angelina Jolie Worries Brad Pitt Will Leave Her for Marion Cotillard
- Kanye West Kicks Off 'Saint Pablo Tour' and It Has Flying Stage. How Fans React?
- 'Frustrated' Shawn Mendes Slams Billboard for Misquoting Comments About His Fans