Michael Jackson's Dad to Launch His Perfume Line
Michael Jackson's father is set to launch a fragrance collection dedicated to his late son. Joe Jackson has teamed up with a French perfume company to create the male and female scents, called Jackson's Tribute and Jackson's Legend, which are inspired by plants grown at the late King of Pop's Neverland Ranch.
The family patriarch signed the deal with bosses of the Julian Rouas Paris company last month, and the fragrances have since gone into production ahead of a March 7 release in the U.S. A portion of the proceeds will given to a number of the late singer's favorite charities.
The firm's chief executive, Franck Rouas, tells the AFP, "With Joe Jackson, we are 50-50 partners in world sales, television rights and advertising receipts (for the collection)... We did it very, very quickly. Usually it takes a year." A representative for Jackson's estate has confirmed the project has not been authorized by them, branding it "a Joe Jackson deal".
More Michael Jackson News
- Stella Maxwell Shows Off Her Pert Derriere in Cheeky Hotpants
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing