David E. Kelley: 'Wonder Woman' Will Air in 2012
"Ally McBeal" creator David E. Kelley is adamant his "Wonder Woman" reboot will be on the air by next year, despite failing to land a TV deal with his new script earlier this month. Kelley has been working on bringing Wonder Woman back to the small screen for the first time since Lynda Carter's popular portrayal of the lasso-hurling heroine in the 1970s.
He met with TV bosses last week but shelved his project after executives at America's NBC Network refused to make room in their schedule for the show. However, Kelley is positive he will see the scantily-clad superhero on TV in 2012.
He tells the Hollywood Reporter, "I think the likelihood is we'll see it next year. I'm being optimistic but I don't think I'm being unrealistic."
More Wonder Woman News
- Chris Brown Is Arrested for Assault With a Deadly Weapon
- New Boyfriend? Lindsay Lohan Spotted Together With Dennis Papageorgiou in Greece
- Calvin Harris Strips Down to His Undies in New Instagram Photo
- Gisele Bundchen, Kendall Jenner, Gigi Hadid Among Highest-Paid Models 2016
- Selena Gomez Takes a Break, Cancels Tour Amid Battle With Depression due to Lupus
- 'Arrow' Season 5 Shows First Look at Villainous Prometheus
- Blake Lively Celebrates Baby Shower With Taylor Swift
- Gabby Douglas Apologizes After Missing VMAs due to Health Issues