Lily Allen Demands Piers Morgan to Make $1.5 Million Donation
Lily Allen has demanded British broadcaster Piers Morgan donates $1.5 million to a charity for bereaved parents if he ever wants her as a guest on his U.K. talk show. The "Smile" hitmaker is one of Morgan's dream guests for his British series Piers Morgan's "Life Stories", which has garnered huge ratings thanks to revealing interviews with former U.K. leader Gordon Brown, pop star Cheryl Cole and music mogul Simon Cowell.
But Allen, who miscarried a baby in her sixth month of pregnancy last year, has made it clear she has "no interest" in an in-depth chat unless Morgan persuades bosses at the ITV network to donate the huge sum to SANDS, a U.K. charity which helps parents who have lost children.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote to Morgan, "I don't need to enhance my career Piers, the only way I would justify coming on your show would be to give money to a charity. A charity that helps women to overcome the kind of grief that I have had to experience. I'd do it for a million for SANDS. Money, mouth? Those are my terms. I've got no interest in coming on your show, you've been asking me for years."
The "America's Got Talent" judge agreed he would organize an undisclosed five-figure sum for the interview, replying, "I will get ITV to make substantial five-figure donation to your charity for the interview. Think about it." However, Allen is sticking to her original terms, simply responding, "No."
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?