Lily Allen Demands Piers Morgan to Make $1.5 Million Donation
Lily Allen has demanded British broadcaster Piers Morgan donates $1.5 million to a charity for bereaved parents if he ever wants her as a guest on his U.K. talk show. The "Smile" hitmaker is one of Morgan's dream guests for his British series Piers Morgan's "Life Stories", which has garnered huge ratings thanks to revealing interviews with former U.K. leader Gordon Brown, pop star Cheryl Cole and music mogul Simon Cowell.
But Allen, who miscarried a baby in her sixth month of pregnancy last year, has made it clear she has "no interest" in an in-depth chat unless Morgan persuades bosses at the ITV network to donate the huge sum to SANDS, a U.K. charity which helps parents who have lost children.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote to Morgan, "I don't need to enhance my career Piers, the only way I would justify coming on your show would be to give money to a charity. A charity that helps women to overcome the kind of grief that I have had to experience. I'd do it for a million for SANDS. Money, mouth? Those are my terms. I've got no interest in coming on your show, you've been asking me for years."
The "America's Got Talent" judge agreed he would organize an undisclosed five-figure sum for the interview, replying, "I will get ITV to make substantial five-figure donation to your charity for the interview. Think about it." However, Allen is sticking to her original terms, simply responding, "No."
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support