Lily Allen Demands Piers Morgan to Make $1.5 Million Donation
Lily Allen has demanded British broadcaster Piers Morgan donates $1.5 million to a charity for bereaved parents if he ever wants her as a guest on his U.K. talk show. The "Smile" hitmaker is one of Morgan's dream guests for his British series Piers Morgan's "Life Stories", which has garnered huge ratings thanks to revealing interviews with former U.K. leader Gordon Brown, pop star Cheryl Cole and music mogul Simon Cowell.
But Allen, who miscarried a baby in her sixth month of pregnancy last year, has made it clear she has "no interest" in an in-depth chat unless Morgan persuades bosses at the ITV network to donate the huge sum to SANDS, a U.K. charity which helps parents who have lost children.
In a post on her Twitter.com page, she wrote to Morgan, "I don't need to enhance my career Piers, the only way I would justify coming on your show would be to give money to a charity. A charity that helps women to overcome the kind of grief that I have had to experience. I'd do it for a million for SANDS. Money, mouth? Those are my terms. I've got no interest in coming on your show, you've been asking me for years."
The "America's Got Talent" judge agreed he would organize an undisclosed five-figure sum for the interview, replying, "I will get ITV to make substantial five-figure donation to your charity for the interview. Think about it." However, Allen is sticking to her original terms, simply responding, "No."
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'