Carey Mulligan Is Back to Stage Production
British actress Carey Mulligan is set to go mad on the New York stage - the "An Education" star will play a mentally ill woman in a theatrical adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's 1961 movie "Through a Glass Darkly".
The 25 year old, who made her Broadway debut in "The Seagull" in 2008, will put her film career on hold for the production. She tells the Associated Press, "It's thrilling. All I literally as a child wanted to do was be in a Broadway play and live in New York. I'm kind of on cloud nine."
"I'm more consumed by theater than I am by film. I never set out really to be a film actress. I love it and I'm incredibly lucky, but I find it easier to throw myself into a play than film. I'm always much more self-aware and self-conscious when I'm doing film because cameras really freak me out."
"Through a Glass Darkly" will run from May 13 to July 3 at the New York Theater Workshop. Mulligan is hoping her return to the stage will help her realize her dream of playing Juliet in William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. Last year, the actress told WENN she is desperate to tackle the tragic heroine on Broadway before she's too old to play her.
She said, "I've been talking to someone about Romeo & Juliet and I'd never sort of gone after it and tried to make that happen. I've never done Shakespeare, so that really scares me. But it's exciting. I won't be able to play Juliet in a couple of years and if I'm ever gonna do it I should do it now."
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?
- Kanye West Leaves L.A. in the Middle of the Night Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab