Carey Mulligan Is Back to Stage Production
British actress Carey Mulligan is set to go mad on the New York stage - the "An Education" star will play a mentally ill woman in a theatrical adaptation of Ingmar Bergman's 1961 movie "Through a Glass Darkly".
The 25 year old, who made her Broadway debut in "The Seagull" in 2008, will put her film career on hold for the production. She tells the Associated Press, "It's thrilling. All I literally as a child wanted to do was be in a Broadway play and live in New York. I'm kind of on cloud nine."
"I'm more consumed by theater than I am by film. I never set out really to be a film actress. I love it and I'm incredibly lucky, but I find it easier to throw myself into a play than film. I'm always much more self-aware and self-conscious when I'm doing film because cameras really freak me out."
"Through a Glass Darkly" will run from May 13 to July 3 at the New York Theater Workshop. Mulligan is hoping her return to the stage will help her realize her dream of playing Juliet in William Shakespeare's Romeo & Juliet. Last year, the actress told WENN she is desperate to tackle the tragic heroine on Broadway before she's too old to play her.
She said, "I've been talking to someone about Romeo & Juliet and I'd never sort of gone after it and tried to make that happen. I've never done Shakespeare, so that really scares me. But it's exciting. I won't be able to play Juliet in a couple of years and if I'm ever gonna do it I should do it now."
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake