A.J. McLean Releases Statement About His Return to Rehab
Backstreet Boys' singer A.J. McLean has confirmed reports he has checked into rehab. The 33 year old is seeking treatment for undisclosed issues. In a statement to People.com, he says, "For personal reasons, I've checked myself into a rehab clinic. With 2011 being a busy year for Backstreet (Boys), I want to be healthy and at my best. Thank you for all of your support and respecting my family and friends' privacy during this time. I'll see you really soon."
McLean previously appeared to reference a return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9, writing, "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (tomorrow)!" The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment programs in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
McLean has been struggling to stay sober in recent months, according to reports, as he faced a grueling 2011 tour schedule. Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block have announced a joint summer tour, which will begin in Connecticut in June.
More Backstreet Boys News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby