A.J. McLean Releases Statement About His Return to Rehab
Backstreet Boys' singer A.J. McLean has confirmed reports he has checked into rehab. The 33 year old is seeking treatment for undisclosed issues. In a statement to People.com, he says, "For personal reasons, I've checked myself into a rehab clinic. With 2011 being a busy year for Backstreet (Boys), I want to be healthy and at my best. Thank you for all of your support and respecting my family and friends' privacy during this time. I'll see you really soon."
McLean previously appeared to reference a return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9, writing, "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (tomorrow)!" The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment programs in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
McLean has been struggling to stay sober in recent months, according to reports, as he faced a grueling 2011 tour schedule. Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block have announced a joint summer tour, which will begin in Connecticut in June.
More Backstreet Boys News
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special