A.J. McLean Releases Statement About His Return to Rehab
Backstreet Boys' singer A.J. McLean has confirmed reports he has checked into rehab. The 33 year old is seeking treatment for undisclosed issues. In a statement to People.com, he says, "For personal reasons, I've checked myself into a rehab clinic. With 2011 being a busy year for Backstreet (Boys), I want to be healthy and at my best. Thank you for all of your support and respecting my family and friends' privacy during this time. I'll see you really soon."
McLean previously appeared to reference a return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9, writing, "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (tomorrow)!" The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment programs in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
McLean has been struggling to stay sober in recent months, according to reports, as he faced a grueling 2011 tour schedule. Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block have announced a joint summer tour, which will begin in Connecticut in June.
More Backstreet Boys News
- Report: Blake Shelon Is Hiding Shameful Family Secrets From Gwen Stefani
- Kim Kardashian Hits Back at Haters Over Her Unretouched Bikini Photos
- Are J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Readying New Show Together?
- La La Vazquez Parties at NYC Strip Club After Ditching Kim Kardashian's Mexican Getaway
- Paris Jackson Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skimpy Outfit
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation