A.J. McLean Releases Statement About His Return to Rehab
Backstreet Boys' singer A.J. McLean has confirmed reports he has checked into rehab. The 33 year old is seeking treatment for undisclosed issues. In a statement to People.com, he says, "For personal reasons, I've checked myself into a rehab clinic. With 2011 being a busy year for Backstreet (Boys), I want to be healthy and at my best. Thank you for all of your support and respecting my family and friends' privacy during this time. I'll see you really soon."
McLean previously appeared to reference a return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9, writing, "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (tomorrow)!" The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment programs in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
McLean has been struggling to stay sober in recent months, according to reports, as he faced a grueling 2011 tour schedule. Backstreet Boys and New Kids On The Block have announced a joint summer tour, which will begin in Connecticut in June.
More Backstreet Boys News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris