Tom Hanks' Son Remixes Wiz Khalifa's Hit for Rap Debut
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's eldest son is stepping away from the family's acting legacy - he's styling himself as an aspiring rapper. Chester Hanks, known by pals as Chet, is a theater student at Northwestern University in Illinois and previously landed a small role in action adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".
But the 21 year old is moving away from Hollywood and has reinvented himself as Chet Haze - and is creating an internet buzz with his remix of rapper Wiz Khalifa's underground hit "Black and Yellow". Adapting the lyrics to pay tribute to his school and its distinctive colors, "White and Purple (Northwestern Remix)" sees the celebrity offspring rhyme about college life - but his lyrical content and his references to marijuana are unlikely to win the approval of his parents.
On the track, he raps, "White kicks, purple kush, this is college hitting blunts after hitting books..." And the young star is clearly keen to establish himself in his own right, ditching his famous last name in favour of his new moniker.
Hanks and Wilson are also parents to a second son, Truman, while the "Big" star has two more adult children from his first marriage to Samantha Lewes, including actor Colin Hanks.
More Tom Hanks News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation