Tom Hanks' Son Remixes Wiz Khalifa's Hit for Rap Debut
Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's eldest son is stepping away from the family's acting legacy - he's styling himself as an aspiring rapper. Chester Hanks, known by pals as Chet, is a theater student at Northwestern University in Illinois and previously landed a small role in action adventure "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull".
But the 21 year old is moving away from Hollywood and has reinvented himself as Chet Haze - and is creating an internet buzz with his remix of rapper Wiz Khalifa's underground hit "Black and Yellow". Adapting the lyrics to pay tribute to his school and its distinctive colors, "White and Purple (Northwestern Remix)" sees the celebrity offspring rhyme about college life - but his lyrical content and his references to marijuana are unlikely to win the approval of his parents.
On the track, he raps, "White kicks, purple kush, this is college hitting blunts after hitting books..." And the young star is clearly keen to establish himself in his own right, ditching his famous last name in favour of his new moniker.
Hanks and Wilson are also parents to a second son, Truman, while the "Big" star has two more adult children from his first marriage to Samantha Lewes, including actor Colin Hanks.
More Tom Hanks News
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen