BSB's A.J. McLean Back to Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Backstreet Boys' pop comeback has hit a stumbling block - singer A.J. McLean has reportedly returned to rehab to conquer his drug and alcohol demons once and for all. The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment program in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
But a source tells TMZ.com McLean has struggled with sobriety in recent months and is now "out of control", threatening to derail the group's plans to hit the road for their upcoming joint tour with New Kids On The Block. A spokesperson for the singer had yet to comment on the report as WENN went to press.
However, McLean appeared to reference to his return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9 - the same day he celebrated his 33rd birthday. He wrote: "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (sic)!" On January 10, he added, "See u on the other side!"
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered