BSB's A.J. McLean Back to Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Backstreet Boys' pop comeback has hit a stumbling block - singer A.J. McLean has reportedly returned to rehab to conquer his drug and alcohol demons once and for all. The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment program in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
But a source tells TMZ.com McLean has struggled with sobriety in recent months and is now "out of control", threatening to derail the group's plans to hit the road for their upcoming joint tour with New Kids On The Block. A spokesperson for the singer had yet to comment on the report as WENN went to press.
However, McLean appeared to reference to his return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9 - the same day he celebrated his 33rd birthday. He wrote: "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (sic)!" On January 10, he added, "See u on the other side!"
More Backstreet Boys News
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns