BSB's A.J. McLean Back to Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Backstreet Boys' pop comeback has hit a stumbling block - singer A.J. McLean has reportedly returned to rehab to conquer his drug and alcohol demons once and for all. The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment program in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
But a source tells TMZ.com McLean has struggled with sobriety in recent months and is now "out of control", threatening to derail the group's plans to hit the road for their upcoming joint tour with New Kids On The Block. A spokesperson for the singer had yet to comment on the report as WENN went to press.
However, McLean appeared to reference to his return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9 - the same day he celebrated his 33rd birthday. He wrote: "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (sic)!" On January 10, he added, "See u on the other side!"
More Backstreet Boys News
- First Official Look at Emma Watson and Dan Stevens in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Keegan Allen Tweets His Phone Number
- Armie Hammer Accidentally Reveals Sex of His Unborn Baby
- Kelly Osbourne Settles Lawsuit With Dad Ozzy's Mistress
- Donald Trump Has His Own Porn Video Despite Bashing Alicia Machado for Her Sex Tape
- 'Criminal Minds' Finds Thomas Gibson's Replacement, John Legend Lands 'Underground' Role
- Kim Kardashian Pays Tribute to Late Dad With Throwback Video on His Death Anniversary
- Colin Trevorrow Says 'Jurassic World 2' Will Have More Scares and Animatronic Dinosaurs