BSB's A.J. McLean Back to Rehab for Drug and Alcohol Addiction
Backstreet Boys' pop comeback has hit a stumbling block - singer A.J. McLean has reportedly returned to rehab to conquer his drug and alcohol demons once and for all. The singer has battled addiction for years and enrolled in treatment program in both 2001 and 2002 for alcohol and cocaine abuse.
But a source tells TMZ.com McLean has struggled with sobriety in recent months and is now "out of control", threatening to derail the group's plans to hit the road for their upcoming joint tour with New Kids On The Block. A spokesperson for the singer had yet to comment on the report as WENN went to press.
However, McLean appeared to reference to his return to rehab in a post on his Twitter.com blog on January 9 - the same day he celebrated his 33rd birthday. He wrote: "I love u all and wish me luck! I start my sober journey tomm (sic)!" On January 10, he added, "See u on the other side!"
More Backstreet Boys News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed