Basshunter Pleads Not Guilty in Sexual Assault Case
Swedish singer/DJ Basshunter has pleaded not guilty to allegations he sexually assaulted two women at a nightclub in Scotland last month. The "Now You're Gone" hitmaker - real name Jonas Altberg - appeared at Kirkcaldy Sheriff Court in Kirkcaldy, Scotland on Wednesday, January 12 and denied two charges of sexual assault, stemming from a night out after a show in Fife in December.
He is accused of attacking two women at the town's Kitty's nightclub, grabbing one woman by hair and pushing her head to his groin. Altberg will stand trial on May 18. According to The Associated Press, the date was set during the hearing before Sheriff James Williamson. He was released on bail provided he made himself "available for an identification parade".
Basshunter was accompanied to court by his manager Scott Simons.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie