Queen Musical 'We Will Rock You' to Be Brought to Big Screen
Brian May has confirmed he's planning to bring successful Queen musical "We Will Rock You" to the big screen in a new movie. The stage show, based around the rock group's music and named after their hit single of the same name, was written by British comic/author Ben Elton in conjunction with Queen stars May and Roger Taylor.
The musical launched in London in 2002 and has since been rolled out across the world, with productions in Las Vegas, Australia, Russia, Spain and Japan. May has now revealed he's working with Elton to transform the show into a film - and they already have a script in place.
In a post on Queen's official website, he writes, "We are... laying the foundations for WWRY (We Will Rock You) The Movie, and again, we already have a great script for it from Ben."
More Queen News
- Report: Blac Chyna Is Trying to Steal Kanye West From Kim Kardashian
- 'The Lego Batman Movie' Tops Box Office Again, 'The Great Wall' Humbly Sits on No. 3
- Drake Claps Back at Kanye West's Bizarre Onstage Rant, Addresses Meek Mill Beef
- Tom Brady Is Obsessed With David Beckham
- Angelina Jolie Finally Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Split: We Will Always Be a Family
- Kristen Wiig Is Dancing in New 'The Last Man on Earth' Midseason Premiere Promo
- 'Billions' Bosses on Introducing TV's First Gender Non-Binary Character: It's Really Worth Doing
- Pregnant Beyonce Is Keeping Kim Kardashian Away From Her