Queen Musical 'We Will Rock You' to Be Brought to Big Screen
Brian May has confirmed he's planning to bring successful Queen musical "We Will Rock You" to the big screen in a new movie. The stage show, based around the rock group's music and named after their hit single of the same name, was written by British comic/author Ben Elton in conjunction with Queen stars May and Roger Taylor.
The musical launched in London in 2002 and has since been rolled out across the world, with productions in Las Vegas, Australia, Russia, Spain and Japan. May has now revealed he's working with Elton to transform the show into a film - and they already have a script in place.
In a post on Queen's official website, he writes, "We are... laying the foundations for WWRY (We Will Rock You) The Movie, and again, we already have a great script for it from Ben."
More Queen News
- Calvin Harris Takes a Dig at Taylor Swift in 'My Way' Video
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'