Queen Musical 'We Will Rock You' to Be Brought to Big Screen
Brian May has confirmed he's planning to bring successful Queen musical "We Will Rock You" to the big screen in a new movie. The stage show, based around the rock group's music and named after their hit single of the same name, was written by British comic/author Ben Elton in conjunction with Queen stars May and Roger Taylor.
The musical launched in London in 2002 and has since been rolled out across the world, with productions in Las Vegas, Australia, Russia, Spain and Japan. May has now revealed he's working with Elton to transform the show into a film - and they already have a script in place.
In a post on Queen's official website, he writes, "We are... laying the foundations for WWRY (We Will Rock You) The Movie, and again, we already have a great script for it from Ben."
More Queen News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris