Queen Musical 'We Will Rock You' to Be Brought to Big Screen
Brian May has confirmed he's planning to bring successful Queen musical "We Will Rock You" to the big screen in a new movie. The stage show, based around the rock group's music and named after their hit single of the same name, was written by British comic/author Ben Elton in conjunction with Queen stars May and Roger Taylor.
The musical launched in London in 2002 and has since been rolled out across the world, with productions in Las Vegas, Australia, Russia, Spain and Japan. May has now revealed he's working with Elton to transform the show into a film - and they already have a script in place.
In a post on Queen's official website, he writes, "We are... laying the foundations for WWRY (We Will Rock You) The Movie, and again, we already have a great script for it from Ben."
More Queen News
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say
- Is Olivia Culpo Dating Danny Amendola? Here's the Proof
- Brad Pitt Reportedly Worries About 'Anorexic' and 'Fragile' Angelina Jolie
- Dan Aykroyd on Why 'Ghostbusters' Reboot Is Worth Watching: It Has More Laughs and More Scares
- Gwen Stefani Releases Fashionable 'Misery' Music Video
- Harambe the Gorilla Shooting Sparks Outrage Among Hollywood Stars
- Brooklyn Beckham Flaunting His Abs in This Shirtless Selfie Will Make You Drool
- 'Game of Thrones': George R. R. Martin Reveals Brienne's Backstory