'Saw 3D' Gory Ad Banned After Complaint From 10-Year-Old Kid
A complaint made by a terrified 10 year old over a TV commercial promoting the gory "Saw 3D" movie has been upheld by bosses at the U.K.'s advertising watchdog. The advert for the horror franchise's final installment, which was released last October 2010, shows a screaming man with bloody hands surrounded by images of blades. To promote the movie's 3D capabilities, the clip also saw cinemagoers being bound by metal restraints in their seats and one reveler being dragged into the screen.
Officials at the U.K.'s Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) launched an investigation into whether the commercial was suitable to be aired before Britain's 9 P.M. (GMT) watershed after a pre-teen phoned to complain about the "distressing" content. The ad had been shown in a commercial break during a popular gadget programme at 8.30 P.M. (GMT).
ASA bosses have now decided to uphold the complaint, ruling the advert should not be aired on British TV before 9 P.M. A spokesperson for the watchdog says, "(Scenes included people being) suddenly trapped by metal restraints and where the figure reached out and pulled a cinema-goer back towards the screen. We considered it was therefore likely to cause distress to young children who might not make a clear distinction between the scenes from the film and the scenes in the cinema."
- So Cute! Liam Payne Shares Rare Photo of Him and Son Bear in Matching Yeezy Trainers
- Donald Trump Stops a Call With the Irish PM to Compliment Female Reporter's 'Nice Smile'
- Kristen Wiig Joins Jimmy Fallon in Funny Doctor Skit of New Mad Lib Theater
- Queen Biopic 'Bohemian Rhapsody' Finds Its Drummer in 'X-Men' Actor Ben Hardy
- Kris Jenner and David Foster Reportedly Have a Dinner Date
- Chrissy Teigen Accidentally Flashes Bare Boob When Dancing With John Legend During His Concert
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway