Seth Rogen's 'Green Hornet' Character Inspired by Paris Hilton
Seth Rogen's masked crimefighter "The Green Hornet" was inspired by an unlikely muse - hotel heiress Paris Hilton. The funnyman reveals he was influenced by the blonde socialite while developing his character Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero.
He tells MTV.com, "We kind of based him off (sic) a male Paris Hilton, as embarrassing as that is to say. That is what we looked at - those people who are the sons or daughters of people who have accomplished great things. We probably give them a little more credit than they've gotten in the past and we explore why they're such jerks and why they act out. Maybe it's because they didn't get the attention they wanted."
"We wanted to start out with a guy who was the last guy you would ever expect to be a superhero and slowly make that guy a hero instead of starting with a guy who's already pretty morally centered, just doesn't quite have the idea yet."
And Rogen is convinced the "Simple Life" star will enjoy the blockbuster, quipping: "She's going to become a superhero! I hope so."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance