Seth Rogen's 'Green Hornet' Character Inspired by Paris Hilton
Seth Rogen's masked crimefighter "The Green Hornet" was inspired by an unlikely muse - hotel heiress Paris Hilton. The funnyman reveals he was influenced by the blonde socialite while developing his character Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero.
He tells MTV.com, "We kind of based him off (sic) a male Paris Hilton, as embarrassing as that is to say. That is what we looked at - those people who are the sons or daughters of people who have accomplished great things. We probably give them a little more credit than they've gotten in the past and we explore why they're such jerks and why they act out. Maybe it's because they didn't get the attention they wanted."
"We wanted to start out with a guy who was the last guy you would ever expect to be a superhero and slowly make that guy a hero instead of starting with a guy who's already pretty morally centered, just doesn't quite have the idea yet."
And Rogen is convinced the "Simple Life" star will enjoy the blockbuster, quipping: "She's going to become a superhero! I hope so."
- Bring on the Baby Wipes! The Rock Takes on Mid-Flight Diaper Duty With Daughter Jasmine
- Kim Kardashian Admits That Her Curvy Figure Makes Her Feel Insecure
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie