Seth Rogen's 'Green Hornet' Character Inspired by Paris Hilton
Seth Rogen's masked crimefighter "The Green Hornet" was inspired by an unlikely muse - hotel heiress Paris Hilton. The funnyman reveals he was influenced by the blonde socialite while developing his character Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero.
He tells MTV.com, "We kind of based him off (sic) a male Paris Hilton, as embarrassing as that is to say. That is what we looked at - those people who are the sons or daughters of people who have accomplished great things. We probably give them a little more credit than they've gotten in the past and we explore why they're such jerks and why they act out. Maybe it's because they didn't get the attention they wanted."
"We wanted to start out with a guy who was the last guy you would ever expect to be a superhero and slowly make that guy a hero instead of starting with a guy who's already pretty morally centered, just doesn't quite have the idea yet."
And Rogen is convinced the "Simple Life" star will enjoy the blockbuster, quipping: "She's going to become a superhero! I hope so."
- 'Aquaman' Officially Casts Michael Beach in Potentially Significant Role
- FOX Sets Fall Premiere Dates for 'The Orville', 'Empire' and More
- Miranda Lambert Enjoys Singing About Heartbreak After Split From Blake Shelton
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Major Cleavage in New Instagram Pics
- Does Rae Sremmurd Break Up? Swae Lee Tries 'to Steal All the Shine' From Slim Jimmy
- Bill Cosby Plans to Lecture Young People on How to Avoid Sexual Assault Accusations
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Twins Finally Released From Hospital
- Brad Pitt Fired as the Depressing Weatherman on 'Jim Jefferies Show'. See His Reaction!