Seth Rogen's 'Green Hornet' Character Inspired by Paris Hilton
Seth Rogen's masked crimefighter "The Green Hornet" was inspired by an unlikely muse - hotel heiress Paris Hilton. The funnyman reveals he was influenced by the blonde socialite while developing his character Britt Reid, the playboy son of a wealthy media mogul who eventually transforms into a superhero.
He tells MTV.com, "We kind of based him off (sic) a male Paris Hilton, as embarrassing as that is to say. That is what we looked at - those people who are the sons or daughters of people who have accomplished great things. We probably give them a little more credit than they've gotten in the past and we explore why they're such jerks and why they act out. Maybe it's because they didn't get the attention they wanted."
"We wanted to start out with a guy who was the last guy you would ever expect to be a superhero and slowly make that guy a hero instead of starting with a guy who's already pretty morally centered, just doesn't quite have the idea yet."
And Rogen is convinced the "Simple Life" star will enjoy the blockbuster, quipping: "She's going to become a superhero! I hope so."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'