Shania Twain to Be Inducted to Hall of Fame
Newlywed Shania Twain is to be honored in her native Canada for her musical achievements. The country star will be inducted to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame at the 2011 Juno Awards in March. It will be her first appearance at Canada's Grammys since she hosted the ceremony in 2003.
Twain, who has sold more than 4.2 million albums in her native Canada, had a great start to 2011 - the singer wed boyfriend Frederic Thiebaud in Puerto Rico on New Year's Day.
"Shania Twain revolutionized the look and sound of country music, and truly is one of the most accomplished and celebrated music artists of her era," said Melanie Berry, president and CEO of Junos organizer the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences, in a statement.
"Her authenticity as a songwriter and performer has made her a global powerhouse, and we're so proud to honor her at home in the Canadian Music Hall of Fame."
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed