Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly Has Big Producer for Rap Album
Comedians Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are forging ahead with plans to record a rap album after landing a "big time producer" to collaborate with on the project. The "Step Brothers" co-stars have previously toyed with the idea of releasing a joint music project and entertained fans with their rapping skills on spoof songs like 2008's "Boats 'N Hoes", even recording a video and posting it on YouTube.com.
But the plans have now been put into motion, according to "Step Brothers" director Adam McKay - and they're hoping to entice hip-hop star Mos Def to join them on a track. McKay writes on Twitter.com, "I wasn't kidding about Step Bros rap album. And we just found out we have a crazy big time producer. Mos Def, you up for a guest flow?"
The filmmaker has yet to reveal the identity of the mystery producer. The rap disc won't be Ferrell and Reilly's first foray into the hip-hop world - they both feature in "Fight For Your Right Revisited", a new short film about iconic rap group the Beastie Boys.
More Will Ferrell News
- 'Outlander' Casts David Berry in Pivotal Role of Lord John Grey
- 'Zombieland 2' Still Happening With Original's Scribes on Board
- Kim Kardashian Reportedly Furious Over Blac Chyna's Naked Photos for Paper Magazine
- Stephen Colbert Takes on Anthony Weiner's Sexting Scandal, Spoofs Beyonce's VMA Performance
- The Homeless Guy Accepting Miley Cyrus' Moonman at 2014 VMAs Is Selling the Trophy
- Beyonce's Daughter Blue Ivy Wears a $11,000 Dress to the VMAs Because of Course She Does
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Reportedly Eyes Liam Garrigan to Portray King Arthur
- No, It's Not Britney! Kourtney Kardashian Plays With Huge Snake in This Cringe-Inducing Picture