Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly Has Big Producer for Rap Album
Comedians Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are forging ahead with plans to record a rap album after landing a "big time producer" to collaborate with on the project. The "Step Brothers" co-stars have previously toyed with the idea of releasing a joint music project and entertained fans with their rapping skills on spoof songs like 2008's "Boats 'N Hoes", even recording a video and posting it on YouTube.com.
But the plans have now been put into motion, according to "Step Brothers" director Adam McKay - and they're hoping to entice hip-hop star Mos Def to join them on a track. McKay writes on Twitter.com, "I wasn't kidding about Step Bros rap album. And we just found out we have a crazy big time producer. Mos Def, you up for a guest flow?"
The filmmaker has yet to reveal the identity of the mystery producer. The rap disc won't be Ferrell and Reilly's first foray into the hip-hop world - they both feature in "Fight For Your Right Revisited", a new short film about iconic rap group the Beastie Boys.
More Will Ferrell News
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert