Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly Has Big Producer for Rap Album
Comedians Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are forging ahead with plans to record a rap album after landing a "big time producer" to collaborate with on the project. The "Step Brothers" co-stars have previously toyed with the idea of releasing a joint music project and entertained fans with their rapping skills on spoof songs like 2008's "Boats 'N Hoes", even recording a video and posting it on YouTube.com.
But the plans have now been put into motion, according to "Step Brothers" director Adam McKay - and they're hoping to entice hip-hop star Mos Def to join them on a track. McKay writes on Twitter.com, "I wasn't kidding about Step Bros rap album. And we just found out we have a crazy big time producer. Mos Def, you up for a guest flow?"
The filmmaker has yet to reveal the identity of the mystery producer. The rap disc won't be Ferrell and Reilly's first foray into the hip-hop world - they both feature in "Fight For Your Right Revisited", a new short film about iconic rap group the Beastie Boys.
More Will Ferrell News
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour