Jay-Z Invests in Cousin's Buffalo Boss Restaurant
Rap mogul Jay-Z has expanded his business empire by investing in a fast food restaurant in his native New York. The hip-hop superstar has quietly bought into an eaterie in Brooklyn, New York called Buffalo Boss, which is co-owned by his cousin Jamar White.
"Yes, it's all true. Jay supports us in all we do, that's my big cousin right there," White told MTV. The rapper is already using his influence to make a difference in the local community by handing out free food to reward exceptional students at a nearby school, according to TMZ.com. Buffalo Boss serves organic chicken in a special sauce, fries, salads and soft drinks.
Back in 2009 Jay told Oprah Winfrey that he was so poor he only ate chicken. "We ate a lot of chicken, you know, because chicken's cheap," he said. "We had so much chicken - chicken backs, chicken everything ... to this day, I can only eat small pieces or else I feel funny."
More Jay-Z News
- Wait... What? Is Tiger Woods Saying He Doesn't Regret Cheating on Elin Nordegren?
- Marvel Pulls 'Invincible Iron Man' Cover After Accusations of 'Sexualizing' Its Underage Hero
- No More Sexy Selfies? Kim Kardashian Is Re-Emerging 'More Covered Up' and 'Less Make-Up'
- Drake Hints at Releasing New Music on His 30th Birthday. Get Details on His Celebration
- Blac Chyna Pokes Fun at Her Pregnancy Curves, Compares Herself to a Pokemon
- Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal's Love Turns to Hatred in 'Nocturnal Animals' First Full Trailer
- Jay-Z and Beyonce Are Both Upset With 'Nut Job' Kanye West Following His Rant
- Justin Bieber Scolds Concertgoers for Screaming at Manchester Show