Kennedy Family Urges 'The Kennedys' to Be Axed
Katie Holmes' TV miniseries "The Kennedys" was axed following complaints from members of the famed family, according to reports. The highly-anticipated show, starring Holmes as Jackie Kennedy, was canceled last week by History Channel bosses who felt the final product was "not a fit" for the network.
New reports suggest it was scrapped after "intense" pressure from the clan, including Caroline Kennedy - the only surviving child of John F. Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Caroline, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver, the daughter of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, fought to have the project "killed".
Family members are said to have been upset over Greg Kinnear's depiction of JFK as sex-crazed and the portrayal of Joe Kennedy as power-hungry. A senior History Channel source tells Britain's The Times newspaper the report is "100 per cent true".
- Is Jennifer Lawrence Dating Darren Aronofsky to Score Movie Roles?
- Selena Gomez's Mother Is NOT Fighting for a Conservatorship Despite Report
- Nicole Richie Is Livid Her Sister Sofia Richie Hangs Out With Her Ex-BFF Paris Hilton
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Where's Rip Hunter? EP Promises 'You Will Find Out Before the Legends Do'
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!