Kennedy Family Urges 'The Kennedys' to Be Axed
Katie Holmes' TV miniseries "The Kennedys" was axed following complaints from members of the famed family, according to reports. The highly-anticipated show, starring Holmes as Jackie Kennedy, was canceled last week by History Channel bosses who felt the final product was "not a fit" for the network.
New reports suggest it was scrapped after "intense" pressure from the clan, including Caroline Kennedy - the only surviving child of John F. Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Caroline, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver, the daughter of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, fought to have the project "killed".
Family members are said to have been upset over Greg Kinnear's depiction of JFK as sex-crazed and the portrayal of Joe Kennedy as power-hungry. A senior History Channel source tells Britain's The Times newspaper the report is "100 per cent true".
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding