Kennedy Family Urges 'The Kennedys' to Be Axed
Katie Holmes' TV miniseries "The Kennedys" was axed following complaints from members of the famed family, according to reports. The highly-anticipated show, starring Holmes as Jackie Kennedy, was canceled last week by History Channel bosses who felt the final product was "not a fit" for the network.
New reports suggest it was scrapped after "intense" pressure from the clan, including Caroline Kennedy - the only surviving child of John F. Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Caroline, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver, the daughter of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, fought to have the project "killed".
Family members are said to have been upset over Greg Kinnear's depiction of JFK as sex-crazed and the portrayal of Joe Kennedy as power-hungry. A senior History Channel source tells Britain's The Times newspaper the report is "100 per cent true".
- Find Out What Ji Chang Wook Wants to Achieve Before Military Enlistment
- Backstreet Boys to Reunite With Florida Georgia Line for 'CMT Crossroads'
- Justin Bieber: Out-of-Work Crew Are Not My Responsibility
- Shia LaBeouf and Mia Goth Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Does Kim Know? Kanye West Caught Leaving Studio With Nearly Naked Woman
- Six Shortest Celebrity Marriages
- Dating for Nine Months, Drew Barrymore Is Set to Wed for the Fourth Time
- So Cool! Watch Lee Joon Gi Do His Own Dangerous Stunt for 'Criminal Minds'