Kennedy Family Urges 'The Kennedys' to Be Axed
Katie Holmes' TV miniseries "The Kennedys" was axed following complaints from members of the famed family, according to reports. The highly-anticipated show, starring Holmes as Jackie Kennedy, was canceled last week by History Channel bosses who felt the final product was "not a fit" for the network.
New reports suggest it was scrapped after "intense" pressure from the clan, including Caroline Kennedy - the only surviving child of John F. Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Caroline, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver, the daughter of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, fought to have the project "killed".
Family members are said to have been upset over Greg Kinnear's depiction of JFK as sex-crazed and the portrayal of Joe Kennedy as power-hungry. A senior History Channel source tells Britain's The Times newspaper the report is "100 per cent true".
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments
- Kylie Jenner Braves the Cold Weather in Racy Bikini in These Pics
- Naked Jai Courtney Chased 'Suicide Squad' Director Around on Set. See the NSFW Photo!
- Robert Pattinson Is Proud of Kristen Stewart and Is 'Super Impressed' With Her Rolling Stones Video
- Lady GaGa Wants Fans to Join Her at Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Supergirl to Battle Superman's Villain Mr. Mxyzptlk This Season
- J. Cole Disses Fellow Rappers on New Song 'False Prophet'