Kennedy Family Urges 'The Kennedys' to Be Axed
Katie Holmes' TV miniseries "The Kennedys" was axed following complaints from members of the famed family, according to reports. The highly-anticipated show, starring Holmes as Jackie Kennedy, was canceled last week by History Channel bosses who felt the final product was "not a fit" for the network.
New reports suggest it was scrapped after "intense" pressure from the clan, including Caroline Kennedy - the only surviving child of John F. Kennedy and Jackie Kennedy. According to the Hollywood Reporter, Caroline, along with Arnold Schwarzenegger's wife Maria Shriver, the daughter of Eunice Kennedy Shriver, fought to have the project "killed".
Family members are said to have been upset over Greg Kinnear's depiction of JFK as sex-crazed and the portrayal of Joe Kennedy as power-hungry. A senior History Channel source tells Britain's The Times newspaper the report is "100 per cent true".
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic
- Big Bang's G-Dragon Sports Cornrows and Heavy Makeup in New Instagram Pics
- Pregnant Nikki Reed Bares Cleavage in Sexy Maternity Clothes