Brittany Murphy's Mom Blasts Reporter for Death Investigation
The mother of tragic actress Brittany Murphy has lashed out at a Hollywood Reporter journalist for going public with an investigation into the "Clueless" star's death. Police ruled out foul play in Murphy's December, 2009 death, while Los Angeles coroner's officials ruled the star died from pneumonia, anaemia and a toxic mix of prescription drugs.
But The Hollywood Reporter's Ben Block has spent months researching the mystery of the actress' shock death - and he's now revealing some new facts, which have upset Murphy's mum Sharon. Block tells news show Entertainment Tonight, "What nobody seemed to realize was that because of other problems - including having her period twice in one month - she was suffering from anaemia. She was losing a lot of blood; this weakens you tremendously."
The reporter discovered Murphy had a quarter of the normal red blood count at the time of her death. He adds, "The pneumonia was filling her lungs with fluid at the same time. What was even worse was she couldn't even take care of herself that last night. She was mostly worried about her mom and her husband."
"Her mother had neuropathy... (and) her husband had become very ill... He had at least three seizures a night. They did take care of each other and felt that they could self-medicate and consult with a physician by phone."
Block also believes that Murphy's husband Simon Monjack, who died in May, created an unhealthy environment around the actress: "He was very paranoid and passed his paranoia on to her and isolated her from close family and friends who had been part of her life."
The expose has socked and hurt Murphy's mum, who says, "As I am dealing daily with the heart-wrenching loss of my entire family, I am shocked by Mr. Block's statements. This is very disturbing that someone that was supposed to be mine and Brittany's friend, and someone who works for The Hollywood Reporter, would make statements that are 100 per cent untrue. For anyone to even fathom that I would just sit and watch my only beloved daughter die and not get help instantly is beyond my way of thinking and despicable."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest