September 30, 2016  

Eva Longoria Slapped With $4 Million Lawsuit for Alleged Beso Scam

January 11, 2011 (6:27 am) GMT
The legal paper was filed by investor Mali Nachum who accused Eva Longoria of agreeing to an illegal scam to boost the money she invested in Beso.

has been hit with a multi-million dollar lawsuit from a former business partner who alleges she agreed to an illegal scam to boost the money she invested in a failed Las Vegas restaurant venture. Investor Mali Nachum has accused the Desperate Housewives star of pouring $1 million into her Beso eatery as part of an illicit scheme which promised her a return of $4.6 million in interest over two years.

Nachum claims the actress' alleged deal violates California law and diminishes his own shares of the venture, according to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ.com and filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Monday, January 10. He is suing Longoria, who owns a third of Beso, for $4 million in damages.

Longoria has suffered a string of problems with her Beso brand - last week, bosses at the Las Vegas branch filed for bankruptcy after racking up debts of almost $5.7 million. And, in June 2010, Nachum took legal action against the star, claiming she forced him out of his ownership stake and managerial job at the Sin City venue.

TODAY'S HEADLINES

  1. Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
  2. 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
  3. Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
  4. Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
  5. Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
  6. Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
  7. Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
  8. These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake