Michael Douglas Wins Battle Against Cancer
Michael Douglas has battled cancer and won. The movie veteran will reveal all in a candid chat he has recorded for America's "Today" show, which will air on Tuesday morning, January 11. The actor reveals he's feeling "good" and "relieved" after his six-month fight with stage four throat cancer.
He says, "The tumor is gone, but I have to check out on a monthly basis now to maintain... I think the odds are, with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, I've got it beat... It'll take a couple of months of getting checked out."
Douglas reveals he's lost 32 pounds (14.5 kilograms) and now he's endeavoring to put weight back on: "I've put about 12 (pounds) back... I got another 20, 25 to go." But he tells Today's Matt Lauer his health crisis has given him a new respect for his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, his kids and his friends.
He explains, "All of a sudden the affection from my family, from my friends, and from my fans hit me at a much deeper level than I would have ever imagined before, and it gave me a really new appreciation of just how valuable, how precious good friends are and family. There's a much deeper feeling... You just really, really appreciate what's important in life."
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch