Michael Douglas Wins Battle Against Cancer
Michael Douglas has battled cancer and won. The movie veteran will reveal all in a candid chat he has recorded for America's "Today" show, which will air on Tuesday morning, January 11. The actor reveals he's feeling "good" and "relieved" after his six-month fight with stage four throat cancer.
He says, "The tumor is gone, but I have to check out on a monthly basis now to maintain... I think the odds are, with the tumor gone and what I know about this particular type of cancer, I've got it beat... It'll take a couple of months of getting checked out."
Douglas reveals he's lost 32 pounds (14.5 kilograms) and now he's endeavoring to put weight back on: "I've put about 12 (pounds) back... I got another 20, 25 to go." But he tells Today's Matt Lauer his health crisis has given him a new respect for his wife Catherine Zeta-Jones, his kids and his friends.
He explains, "All of a sudden the affection from my family, from my friends, and from my fans hit me at a much deeper level than I would have ever imagined before, and it gave me a really new appreciation of just how valuable, how precious good friends are and family. There's a much deeper feeling... You just really, really appreciate what's important in life."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences