Michelle Williams Opens Yoga Center for Single Mothers
Actress Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single mothers. The "Brokeback Mountain" star has been raising five-year-old daughter Matilda as a single mum since her ex-boyfriend, late actor Heath Ledger, died of an accidental overdose in January 2008.
She credits yoga with helping her cope with the tragedy and reveals the inner peace she found through the exercise inspired her to co-found The Yoga for Single Moms Project, which is now launching a pilot program in Boston, Massachusetts. She tells America's Marie Claire magazine, "Yoga gave me relief like nothing else; it made be a better person and a better mother. I could come back to my daughter anew. And then I started to think about how expensive it is to get a babysitter to take a yoga class, which makes it out of reach for so many women."
"The idea behind the program is that if you can clear the time, we do the rest. It provides childcare while the mum is in the yoga class, and it's all free."
- Pixar's Video Reveals Mind-Blowing Hidden Easter Eggs Throughout Their Movies
- Olivia Munn Reportedly Causes a Rift in Aaron Rodgers' Family
- Watch Fifth Harmony and Blake Shelton's Performances at 2017 People's Choice Awards
- Taryn Manning Is Not Leaving 'Orange Is the New Black', Despite Report
- Zayn Malik Shows Off New 'Love' Tattoo Amid Gigi Hadid Engagement Rumors
- Jennifer Lopez Spotted Cozying Up to Drake on Another Date
- Is Jared Leto Returning as Joker in New DC Movie?
- Listen to Big Sean's New Moody Track 'Halfway Off the Balcony'