Michelle Williams Opens Yoga Center for Single Mothers
Actress Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single mothers. The "Brokeback Mountain" star has been raising five-year-old daughter Matilda as a single mum since her ex-boyfriend, late actor Heath Ledger, died of an accidental overdose in January 2008.
She credits yoga with helping her cope with the tragedy and reveals the inner peace she found through the exercise inspired her to co-found The Yoga for Single Moms Project, which is now launching a pilot program in Boston, Massachusetts. She tells America's Marie Claire magazine, "Yoga gave me relief like nothing else; it made be a better person and a better mother. I could come back to my daughter anew. And then I started to think about how expensive it is to get a babysitter to take a yoga class, which makes it out of reach for so many women."
"The idea behind the program is that if you can clear the time, we do the rest. It provides childcare while the mum is in the yoga class, and it's all free."
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'
- Johnny Depp Wasn't Even Near Amber Heard When He Allegedly Hit Her, Witnesses Say