Michelle Williams Opens Yoga Center for Single Mothers
Actress Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single mothers. The "Brokeback Mountain" star has been raising five-year-old daughter Matilda as a single mum since her ex-boyfriend, late actor Heath Ledger, died of an accidental overdose in January 2008.
She credits yoga with helping her cope with the tragedy and reveals the inner peace she found through the exercise inspired her to co-found The Yoga for Single Moms Project, which is now launching a pilot program in Boston, Massachusetts. She tells America's Marie Claire magazine, "Yoga gave me relief like nothing else; it made be a better person and a better mother. I could come back to my daughter anew. And then I started to think about how expensive it is to get a babysitter to take a yoga class, which makes it out of reach for so many women."
"The idea behind the program is that if you can clear the time, we do the rest. It provides childcare while the mum is in the yoga class, and it's all free."
More Michelle Williams News
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'