Michelle Williams Opens Yoga Center for Single Mothers
Actress Michelle Williams is launching a yoga center for single mothers. The "Brokeback Mountain" star has been raising five-year-old daughter Matilda as a single mum since her ex-boyfriend, late actor Heath Ledger, died of an accidental overdose in January 2008.
She credits yoga with helping her cope with the tragedy and reveals the inner peace she found through the exercise inspired her to co-found The Yoga for Single Moms Project, which is now launching a pilot program in Boston, Massachusetts. She tells America's Marie Claire magazine, "Yoga gave me relief like nothing else; it made be a better person and a better mother. I could come back to my daughter anew. And then I started to think about how expensive it is to get a babysitter to take a yoga class, which makes it out of reach for so many women."
"The idea behind the program is that if you can clear the time, we do the rest. It provides childcare while the mum is in the yoga class, and it's all free."
More Michelle Williams News
- New 'Marvel's The Defenders' Trailer Includes First Look at 'The Punisher'
- Kanye West Plans to Respond to Jay-Z's Diss on '4:44' on New Album
- Jigsaw Is Back to Claim New Victims in Gruesome First Trailer
- 'The Affair': Ruth Wilson's Body Double Sues Showtime After Fired for Reporting Sexual Harassment
- Tyga Says He Warned Rob Kardashian About Blac Chyna's Game
- Lily Collins Locks Lips With High School Classmate During Romantic Italy Vacation
- 'Game of Thrones' Creators Defend 'Confederate' After Backlash Over Slavery Theme
- Kim Kardashian Is Basically Topless in Her Ripped Netted Outfit