'Rizzoli and Isles' Star Sasha Alexander Welcomed Son in December
Screen siren Sophia Loren rang in the New Year as a third-time grandmother - her daughter-in-law, actress Sasha Alexander, gave birth to a baby boy in December 2010. "Rizzoli & Isles" star Alexander and her writer/director husband Edoardo Ponti - the son of Italian actress Loren - welcomed their second child, Leonardo Fortunato Ponti, on December 20 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The couple confirmed the news to People.com in a statement, "We are so thrilled to welcome our little Leonardo. He's a wonderful gift and we are all in love - especially the grandmas!" The new addition joins the couple's daughter Lucia Sofia, four. Loren has one other grandchild, three-year-old Vittorio, born to her son Carlo Ponti, Jr.
Alexander and Ponti wed in August 2007.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics