Darren Aronofsky, Christopher Nolan Nominated for 2011 DGA Awards
Darren Aronofsky, David Fincher and Tom Hooper's Oscars hopes have been given a huge boost - the trio are among the nominees for the top honour at the 2011 Directors Guild of America Awards. Christopher Nolan and David O. Russell make up the five-strong shortlist for the prestigious DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film for 2010.
Aronofsky was nominated for his ballet drama "Black Swan", Fincher for his Facebook-inspired film "The Social Network", and Nolan for his sci-fi blockbuster "Inception". Hooper's British monarchy drama "The King's Speech" and Russell's "The Fighter" also earned mentions.
The 63rd annual awards dinner will be held on January 29 at the Grand Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says