Darren Aronofsky, Christopher Nolan Nominated for 2011 DGA Awards
Darren Aronofsky, David Fincher and Tom Hooper's Oscars hopes have been given a huge boost - the trio are among the nominees for the top honour at the 2011 Directors Guild of America Awards. Christopher Nolan and David O. Russell make up the five-strong shortlist for the prestigious DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film for 2010.
Aronofsky was nominated for his ballet drama "Black Swan", Fincher for his Facebook-inspired film "The Social Network", and Nolan for his sci-fi blockbuster "Inception". Hooper's British monarchy drama "The King's Speech" and Russell's "The Fighter" also earned mentions.
The 63rd annual awards dinner will be held on January 29 at the Grand Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles.
- Kim Kardashian Looks Gloomy During Outing After Paris Robbery
- Brad Pitt's Child Abuse Investigation Extended due to New Key Accusation
- Britney Spears and Tinashe Share Photo From 'Slumber Party' Video Shoot
- Jennifer Lawrence Has Competition! Scarlett Johansson Develops a Zelda Fitzgerald Rival Project
- 'The Punisher' Announces 5 More New Cast Members
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards