Darren Aronofsky, Christopher Nolan Nominated for 2011 DGA Awards
Darren Aronofsky, David Fincher and Tom Hooper's Oscars hopes have been given a huge boost - the trio are among the nominees for the top honour at the 2011 Directors Guild of America Awards. Christopher Nolan and David O. Russell make up the five-strong shortlist for the prestigious DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Feature Film for 2010.
Aronofsky was nominated for his ballet drama "Black Swan", Fincher for his Facebook-inspired film "The Social Network", and Nolan for his sci-fi blockbuster "Inception". Hooper's British monarchy drama "The King's Speech" and Russell's "The Fighter" also earned mentions.
The 63rd annual awards dinner will be held on January 29 at the Grand Ballroom at Hollywood & Highland in Los Angeles.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns