Radiohead Gave Nod to Fan-Made Recording Release
British rockers Radiohead have given a group of fans permission to sell an unofficial recording of the band's Haiti charity concert to raise money for Oxfam. The group took to the stage in Los Angeles last January to help rescue efforts in the earthquake-hit nation, and a number of audience members caught the show on camera.
A group of the concert-goers have pieced together the footage into an unofficial film of the gig, and they have now been given the go ahead by Radiohead's manager to sell it on to raise more money for charity.
One of the dedicated fans, Inez Rogatsky, says, "Collecting the footage took a while - maybe two or three months. Fourteen separate video recordings doesn't mean that there were 14 people standing there with professional equipment. Some of the recordings are a few seconds shot on an iPhone. On some of the songs I wish we had better coverage than we did."
"(After contacting the band's manager) I heard back within two days that it was a great idea. He mentioned that the band wanted us to get donations for Haiti. I suggested a few organizations, and they decided to go with Oxfam."
Oxfam has set up a donations page for downloads of the film, with an 'honesty box' policy which allows fans to pay as much as they can afford for the footage - a technique which mirrors the online release of Radiohead's last album, "In Rainbows".
More Radiohead News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie