Courtney Love's Twitter Account Removed as She Heads to Court Trial
Courtney Love's Twitter account has been taken offline as the rocker prepares to go to court to fight allegations she defamed a fashion designer on the microblogging website. The Hole star has been sued by Dawn Simorangkir, who alleges Love damaged her reputation with a series of angry 'Tweets' in March, 2009.
Attorneys for both sides are due to appear at a mandatory settlement conference in Los Angeles later this week, and will go to trial next month if an agreement is not reached. Love's account on the site has now been removed as her lawyers prepare to go into action.
Courtney Love, who has battled substance abuse in the past, has frequently turned to her Twitter to give fans minute-by-minute updates on her thoughts and feelings. She previously used the website to blast peers like Billy Corgan and ex-boyfriend Edward Norton as well as fellow singer Lily Allen. Back in May 2010, he quit the social network only to come back later that year.
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia
- Heath Ledger's Dad Blames Son for His Tragic Death: 'It Was Totally His Fault'
- Spidey's Suit Will Have New Abilities in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Mr. Robot 2.05 Preview: This Is What You Wanted
- JoJo Was Forced to Inject Herself to Lose Weight Fast
- Calvin Harris Is Avoiding Kanye West Collab Amid Taylor Swift Feud
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date