Courtney Love's Twitter Account Removed as She Heads to Court Trial
Courtney Love's Twitter account has been taken offline as the rocker prepares to go to court to fight allegations she defamed a fashion designer on the microblogging website. The Hole star has been sued by Dawn Simorangkir, who alleges Love damaged her reputation with a series of angry 'Tweets' in March, 2009.
Attorneys for both sides are due to appear at a mandatory settlement conference in Los Angeles later this week, and will go to trial next month if an agreement is not reached. Love's account on the site has now been removed as her lawyers prepare to go into action.
Courtney Love, who has battled substance abuse in the past, has frequently turned to her Twitter to give fans minute-by-minute updates on her thoughts and feelings. She previously used the website to blast peers like Billy Corgan and ex-boyfriend Edward Norton as well as fellow singer Lily Allen. Back in May 2010, he quit the social network only to come back later that year.
- Beyonce Delays Start of Her Minneapolis Concert due to Storm
- Kelly Osbourne Retaliates Against Ozzy's Alleged Mistress. How?
- Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr. Fly to California to Surprise Cancer-Stricken Fan
- New 'Halloween' Movie Is in the Works With the Original's Helmer Attached
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Blac Chyna Shares First Ultrasound Picture Along With Sweet Message for Rob Kardashian
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise