Courtney Love's Twitter Account Removed as She Heads to Court Trial
Courtney Love's Twitter account has been taken offline as the rocker prepares to go to court to fight allegations she defamed a fashion designer on the microblogging website. The Hole star has been sued by Dawn Simorangkir, who alleges Love damaged her reputation with a series of angry 'Tweets' in March, 2009.
Attorneys for both sides are due to appear at a mandatory settlement conference in Los Angeles later this week, and will go to trial next month if an agreement is not reached. Love's account on the site has now been removed as her lawyers prepare to go into action.
Courtney Love, who has battled substance abuse in the past, has frequently turned to her Twitter to give fans minute-by-minute updates on her thoughts and feelings. She previously used the website to blast peers like Billy Corgan and ex-boyfriend Edward Norton as well as fellow singer Lily Allen. Back in May 2010, he quit the social network only to come back later that year.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked