Courtney Love's Twitter Account Removed as She Heads to Court Trial
Courtney Love's Twitter account has been taken offline as the rocker prepares to go to court to fight allegations she defamed a fashion designer on the microblogging website. The Hole star has been sued by Dawn Simorangkir, who alleges Love damaged her reputation with a series of angry 'Tweets' in March, 2009.
Attorneys for both sides are due to appear at a mandatory settlement conference in Los Angeles later this week, and will go to trial next month if an agreement is not reached. Love's account on the site has now been removed as her lawyers prepare to go into action.
Courtney Love, who has battled substance abuse in the past, has frequently turned to her Twitter to give fans minute-by-minute updates on her thoughts and feelings. She previously used the website to blast peers like Billy Corgan and ex-boyfriend Edward Norton as well as fellow singer Lily Allen. Back in May 2010, he quit the social network only to come back later that year.
- Watch Britney Spears Shave Her Head in 'Britney Ever After' Trailer
- Mariah Carey's Worst Nightmare! Sister to Detail the Singer's Satanic Rituals and Sex Abuse Claims
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Welcomes Baby Girl Named Ella Grace
- Kristen Wiig Joins 'Last Man on Earth' in a Mysterious Recurring Role
- 'The Voice' Execs Want Blake Shelton to Propose to Gwen Stefani On-Air
- Ed Sheeran Travels Back to His Teenage Years in Nostalgic Video for 'Castle on the Hill'
- 'American Horror Story' Crossover Season Details: Sarah Paulson Could Be Playing 18 Characters
- Kourtney Kardashian Cradles Baby Doll While Covering Her Belly in New Pic