Bret Michaels Develops Awards for Motorcycle
Rocker Bret Michaels has teamed up with motorcycle racing bosses to develop a new award for riders who have triumphed over hardship. The Poison star, a longtime motocross supporter, has created the Bret Michaels Rock Hard-Ride Hard award with officials at the American Motorcyclist Association to celebrate the 'comeback rider' of the upcoming 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season.
The winner, to be determined by rankings and fans' votes, will be handed a cash prize and a trophy at the season finale in Las Vegas in May. Michaels says, "It isn't whether you are going to go down, but when and how hard. It's how you roll with the punches and how you get back up that counts. This award is about recognizing the hard-charging rider that overcomes the worst odds and makes an amazing recovery."
Michaels is no stranger to overcoming health obstacles - last year, he underwent an emergency appendectomy before collapsing from a near-fatal brain hemorrhage. He also suffered a stroke and was diagnosed with a hole in his heart. The singer will undergo surgery later this month to close the hole.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell