Bret Michaels Develops Awards for Motorcycle
Rocker Bret Michaels has teamed up with motorcycle racing bosses to develop a new award for riders who have triumphed over hardship. The Poison star, a longtime motocross supporter, has created the Bret Michaels Rock Hard-Ride Hard award with officials at the American Motorcyclist Association to celebrate the 'comeback rider' of the upcoming 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season.
The winner, to be determined by rankings and fans' votes, will be handed a cash prize and a trophy at the season finale in Las Vegas in May. Michaels says, "It isn't whether you are going to go down, but when and how hard. It's how you roll with the punches and how you get back up that counts. This award is about recognizing the hard-charging rider that overcomes the worst odds and makes an amazing recovery."
Michaels is no stranger to overcoming health obstacles - last year, he underwent an emergency appendectomy before collapsing from a near-fatal brain hemorrhage. He also suffered a stroke and was diagnosed with a hole in his heart. The singer will undergo surgery later this month to close the hole.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics