Bret Michaels Develops Awards for Motorcycle
Rocker Bret Michaels has teamed up with motorcycle racing bosses to develop a new award for riders who have triumphed over hardship. The Poison star, a longtime motocross supporter, has created the Bret Michaels Rock Hard-Ride Hard award with officials at the American Motorcyclist Association to celebrate the 'comeback rider' of the upcoming 2011 Monster Energy AMA Supercross season.
The winner, to be determined by rankings and fans' votes, will be handed a cash prize and a trophy at the season finale in Las Vegas in May. Michaels says, "It isn't whether you are going to go down, but when and how hard. It's how you roll with the punches and how you get back up that counts. This award is about recognizing the hard-charging rider that overcomes the worst odds and makes an amazing recovery."
Michaels is no stranger to overcoming health obstacles - last year, he underwent an emergency appendectomy before collapsing from a near-fatal brain hemorrhage. He also suffered a stroke and was diagnosed with a hole in his heart. The singer will undergo surgery later this month to close the hole.
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...