Rihanna Reconciles With Dad on Christmas
R&B star Rihanna showered her estranged dad with presents at Christmas in a bid to smooth out their strained relationship. The "Umbrella" singer fell out with her father Ronald Fenty in 2009 after he spoke to the media on her behalf in the wake of her infamous fight with her then-boyfriend Chris Brown.
The 22 year old also admitted being embarrassed by her dad's bad behavior after he joined her on a concert tour. But the gracious singer has now reconciled with Fenty after visiting him in her native Barbados over the holiday season.
Fenty tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I saw her twice before Christmas and she came to see me on Christmas Day. She showered me with gifts, a lot of stuff, many shirts and cologne. She's always really generous. We did have a disagreement about the drinking on the tour. I got plastered on the tour bus. I can drink rum or beer but vodka does not like me - or gin."
"She blasted me for that - she was always lippy from her small days. I was picked up from the hotel in the morning and I was just shuttled to the airport... But we are blood (relatives), we do not stay angry and we are friends again."
More Rihanna News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed