Rihanna Reconciles With Dad on Christmas
R&B star Rihanna showered her estranged dad with presents at Christmas in a bid to smooth out their strained relationship. The "Umbrella" singer fell out with her father Ronald Fenty in 2009 after he spoke to the media on her behalf in the wake of her infamous fight with her then-boyfriend Chris Brown.
The 22 year old also admitted being embarrassed by her dad's bad behavior after he joined her on a concert tour. But the gracious singer has now reconciled with Fenty after visiting him in her native Barbados over the holiday season.
Fenty tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "I saw her twice before Christmas and she came to see me on Christmas Day. She showered me with gifts, a lot of stuff, many shirts and cologne. She's always really generous. We did have a disagreement about the drinking on the tour. I got plastered on the tour bus. I can drink rum or beer but vodka does not like me - or gin."
"She blasted me for that - she was always lippy from her small days. I was picked up from the hotel in the morning and I was just shuttled to the airport... But we are blood (relatives), we do not stay angry and we are friends again."
More Rihanna News
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia