Piers Morgan: I Will Invite Madonna If She Makes 'Bended-Knee Apology'
Newsman-turned-TV personality Piers Morgan has given Madonna hope after snubbing the pop superstar from his new CNN talk show - he'll lift the ban if she publicly apologizes for being an annoyance to him. Morgan famously clashed with the Material Girl several times when he was a tabloid editor in the UK - and he's launching his new show by insisting she isn't welcome as a guest.
He says, "She's kind of been an irritant in my life for 20 years, so I had to ban her from the show. It's probably quite childish, but it made me feel better." But Morgan insists the door is still slightly ajar for Madonna, should she want to appear on his show, which debuts next week, January 17 in America.
He adds, "A bended-knee apology on CNN might swing it. Other than that, it's a lifetime ban." And the British newsman already has plans to interview a major pop superstar: "Lady GaGa is half her age, twice as good-looking, twice as talented, and twice as hot. I mean, why would I bother with Madonna, seriously."
More Piers Morgan News
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21 Cast Photos: Meet 30 Girls Vying for Nick Viall's Heart