Piers Morgan: I Will Invite Madonna If She Makes 'Bended-Knee Apology'
Newsman-turned-TV personality Piers Morgan has given Madonna hope after snubbing the pop superstar from his new CNN talk show - he'll lift the ban if she publicly apologizes for being an annoyance to him. Morgan famously clashed with the Material Girl several times when he was a tabloid editor in the UK - and he's launching his new show by insisting she isn't welcome as a guest.
He says, "She's kind of been an irritant in my life for 20 years, so I had to ban her from the show. It's probably quite childish, but it made me feel better." But Morgan insists the door is still slightly ajar for Madonna, should she want to appear on his show, which debuts next week, January 17 in America.
He adds, "A bended-knee apology on CNN might swing it. Other than that, it's a lifetime ban." And the British newsman already has plans to interview a major pop superstar: "Lady GaGa is half her age, twice as good-looking, twice as talented, and twice as hot. I mean, why would I bother with Madonna, seriously."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers