Piers Morgan: I Will Invite Madonna If She Makes 'Bended-Knee Apology'
Newsman-turned-TV personality Piers Morgan has given Madonna hope after snubbing the pop superstar from his new CNN talk show - he'll lift the ban if she publicly apologizes for being an annoyance to him. Morgan famously clashed with the Material Girl several times when he was a tabloid editor in the UK - and he's launching his new show by insisting she isn't welcome as a guest.
He says, "She's kind of been an irritant in my life for 20 years, so I had to ban her from the show. It's probably quite childish, but it made me feel better." But Morgan insists the door is still slightly ajar for Madonna, should she want to appear on his show, which debuts next week, January 17 in America.
He adds, "A bended-knee apology on CNN might swing it. Other than that, it's a lifetime ban." And the British newsman already has plans to interview a major pop superstar: "Lady GaGa is half her age, twice as good-looking, twice as talented, and twice as hot. I mean, why would I bother with Madonna, seriously."
- Johnny Depp and Javier Bardem Officially Join Tom Cruise in Universal's Monster Film 'Dark Universe'
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Ready to Start Co-Parenting Their 6 Kids
- Watch Lana Del Rey Get Cozy With The Weeknd in 'Lust for Life' Video
- Kylie Jenner Is 'Annoyed' That Ariel Winter Keeps Stealing Her Look
- Kris Jenner Wants Her Marriage With Caitlyn to Be Annulled
- The Chainsmokers Hints at Collaboration with BTS
- Super Junior Shows Off Strong Bond After Recent Meet-Up
- Burglar Hits Michael B. Jordan's Home, Walks Off With Cash and Jewelry