Piers Morgan: I Will Invite Madonna If She Makes 'Bended-Knee Apology'
Newsman-turned-TV personality Piers Morgan has given Madonna hope after snubbing the pop superstar from his new CNN talk show - he'll lift the ban if she publicly apologizes for being an annoyance to him. Morgan famously clashed with the Material Girl several times when he was a tabloid editor in the UK - and he's launching his new show by insisting she isn't welcome as a guest.
He says, "She's kind of been an irritant in my life for 20 years, so I had to ban her from the show. It's probably quite childish, but it made me feel better." But Morgan insists the door is still slightly ajar for Madonna, should she want to appear on his show, which debuts next week, January 17 in America.
He adds, "A bended-knee apology on CNN might swing it. Other than that, it's a lifetime ban." And the British newsman already has plans to interview a major pop superstar: "Lady GaGa is half her age, twice as good-looking, twice as talented, and twice as hot. I mean, why would I bother with Madonna, seriously."
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards
- Demi Lovato Surprises Fans as Undercover Lyft Driver and Disses Selena Gomez
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'