Adam Yauch: 'Cancer Free Are Exaggerated'
Beasty Boys rapper Adam Yauch has clarified reports he has been given the all-clear in his cancer battle - insisting the speculation is "exaggerated" and he is still receiving ongoing treatment for the disease.
The star, aka MCA, put his career on hold after doctors found a tumor in his parotid gland in July, 2009. The lump was removed and Yauch subsequently insisted he was on the road to recovery by declaring he was "feeling healthy, strong and hopeful", having adopted a strict vegan diet and started using ancient Chinese medicine upon the advice of Tibetan doctors.
His bandmate Mike D revealed earlier this week that Yauch had overcome the illness, branding the news "a good thing" - but now Yauch has spoken out to inform fans of his true health situation. In an email statement, he says, "While I'm grateful for all the positive energy people are sending my way, reports of my being totally cancer free are exaggerated."
"I'm continuing treatment, staying optimistic and hoping to be cancer free in the near future."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri