Adam Yauch: 'Cancer Free Are Exaggerated'
Beasty Boys rapper Adam Yauch has clarified reports he has been given the all-clear in his cancer battle - insisting the speculation is "exaggerated" and he is still receiving ongoing treatment for the disease.
The star, aka MCA, put his career on hold after doctors found a tumor in his parotid gland in July, 2009. The lump was removed and Yauch subsequently insisted he was on the road to recovery by declaring he was "feeling healthy, strong and hopeful", having adopted a strict vegan diet and started using ancient Chinese medicine upon the advice of Tibetan doctors.
His bandmate Mike D revealed earlier this week that Yauch had overcome the illness, branding the news "a good thing" - but now Yauch has spoken out to inform fans of his true health situation. In an email statement, he says, "While I'm grateful for all the positive energy people are sending my way, reports of my being totally cancer free are exaggerated."
"I'm continuing treatment, staying optimistic and hoping to be cancer free in the near future."
- Anne Hathaway Admits She Faked Happiness During Her 2013 Oscar Win
- 'Real Housewives of Miami' Star Larsa Splits From Husband Scottie Pippen Amid Future Romance Rumor
- Former Bachelorette Desiree Hartsock Gives Birth to Baby Boy
- Jennifer Lawrence to Lead Zelda Fitzgerald Biopic
- Kim Kardashian's Family Shares Throwbacks and Birthday Wishes as She Turns 36
- Chris Pratt to Return to TV as Guest Star on His Wife Anna Faris' 'Mom'
- Katy Perry and Pharrell Williams Named Co-Chairs for 2017 Met Gala
- Shailene Woodley Writes Powerful Essay About Her Arrest During Pipeline Protest