Adam Yauch: 'Cancer Free Are Exaggerated'
Beasty Boys rapper Adam Yauch has clarified reports he has been given the all-clear in his cancer battle - insisting the speculation is "exaggerated" and he is still receiving ongoing treatment for the disease.
The star, aka MCA, put his career on hold after doctors found a tumor in his parotid gland in July, 2009. The lump was removed and Yauch subsequently insisted he was on the road to recovery by declaring he was "feeling healthy, strong and hopeful", having adopted a strict vegan diet and started using ancient Chinese medicine upon the advice of Tibetan doctors.
His bandmate Mike D revealed earlier this week that Yauch had overcome the illness, branding the news "a good thing" - but now Yauch has spoken out to inform fans of his true health situation. In an email statement, he says, "While I'm grateful for all the positive energy people are sending my way, reports of my being totally cancer free are exaggerated."
"I'm continuing treatment, staying optimistic and hoping to be cancer free in the near future."
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby