Adam Yauch: 'Cancer Free Are Exaggerated'
Beasty Boys rapper Adam Yauch has clarified reports he has been given the all-clear in his cancer battle - insisting the speculation is "exaggerated" and he is still receiving ongoing treatment for the disease.
The star, aka MCA, put his career on hold after doctors found a tumor in his parotid gland in July, 2009. The lump was removed and Yauch subsequently insisted he was on the road to recovery by declaring he was "feeling healthy, strong and hopeful", having adopted a strict vegan diet and started using ancient Chinese medicine upon the advice of Tibetan doctors.
His bandmate Mike D revealed earlier this week that Yauch had overcome the illness, branding the news "a good thing" - but now Yauch has spoken out to inform fans of his true health situation. In an email statement, he says, "While I'm grateful for all the positive energy people are sending my way, reports of my being totally cancer free are exaggerated."
"I'm continuing treatment, staying optimistic and hoping to be cancer free in the near future."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake