Jason Derulo to Return to Acting After Second Album
R&B star Jason Derulo is eager to return acting after he completes a second album. The "Whatcha Say" hitmaker initially planned to become a movie star and studied at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York before turning his attentions to music.
Derulo reveals he's eager to pursue film roles after he finishes the follow-up to his self-titled debut record - and already has ambitions to become the next Will Smith. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "After this second album I'm going to turn to films. I went to school for acting, not for music, so for a little bit this will be the final chapter."
"Will Smith made the perfect transition, so I want to be the consummate actor like him - someone who can play anything. I love supernatural movies and action films like Tron as well as period pieces."
More Jason Derulo News
- Find Out How Jaden Smith Tricked His Dad Will Smith Into Letting Him Drink on His Birthday
- Jean-Claude Van Damme Walks Out of TV Interview After Reporter Asks This Question
- Matt Damon Will Take a Break From Acting Next Year
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video, Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed