Jason Derulo to Return to Acting After Second Album
R&B star Jason Derulo is eager to return acting after he completes a second album. The "Whatcha Say" hitmaker initially planned to become a movie star and studied at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York before turning his attentions to music.
Derulo reveals he's eager to pursue film roles after he finishes the follow-up to his self-titled debut record - and already has ambitions to become the next Will Smith. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "After this second album I'm going to turn to films. I went to school for acting, not for music, so for a little bit this will be the final chapter."
"Will Smith made the perfect transition, so I want to be the consummate actor like him - someone who can play anything. I love supernatural movies and action films like Tron as well as period pieces."
More Jason Derulo News
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016