Jason Derulo to Return to Acting After Second Album
R&B star Jason Derulo is eager to return acting after he completes a second album. The "Whatcha Say" hitmaker initially planned to become a movie star and studied at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York before turning his attentions to music.
Derulo reveals he's eager to pursue film roles after he finishes the follow-up to his self-titled debut record - and already has ambitions to become the next Will Smith. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "After this second album I'm going to turn to films. I went to school for acting, not for music, so for a little bit this will be the final chapter."
"Will Smith made the perfect transition, so I want to be the consummate actor like him - someone who can play anything. I love supernatural movies and action films like Tron as well as period pieces."
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed