Jason Derulo to Return to Acting After Second Album
R&B star Jason Derulo is eager to return acting after he completes a second album. The "Whatcha Say" hitmaker initially planned to become a movie star and studied at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York before turning his attentions to music.
Derulo reveals he's eager to pursue film roles after he finishes the follow-up to his self-titled debut record - and already has ambitions to become the next Will Smith. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "After this second album I'm going to turn to films. I went to school for acting, not for music, so for a little bit this will be the final chapter."
"Will Smith made the perfect transition, so I want to be the consummate actor like him - someone who can play anything. I love supernatural movies and action films like Tron as well as period pieces."
- Katy Perry Calls on Taylor Swift to End Longtime Feud: 'It's Time for Her to Finish It'
- 'In Hysterics,' Ariana Grande Suspends World Tour After Terrorist Bombing at Manchester Gig
- Blake Lively Nearly Spills Out of Her Stunning Neon Gown at the Ballet
- Ariana Grande Is 'Broken' After Deadly Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Major Lazer Previews Travis Scott, Quavo and Camila Cabello Collaboration During Alabama Show
- Kourtney Kardashian Never Gets Serious With Younes Bendjima as He's Just Her Fling
- 'The Bachelorette' Season 13 Premiere: The Crazy One, the Creepy One and the First Kiss
- Is Brandy Pregnant With New BF Sir the Baptist's Child?