Jason Derulo to Return to Acting After Second Album
R&B star Jason Derulo is eager to return acting after he completes a second album. The "Whatcha Say" hitmaker initially planned to become a movie star and studied at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy in New York before turning his attentions to music.
Derulo reveals he's eager to pursue film roles after he finishes the follow-up to his self-titled debut record - and already has ambitions to become the next Will Smith. He tells Britain's Daily Star, "After this second album I'm going to turn to films. I went to school for acting, not for music, so for a little bit this will be the final chapter."
"Will Smith made the perfect transition, so I want to be the consummate actor like him - someone who can play anything. I love supernatural movies and action films like Tron as well as period pieces."
More Jason Derulo News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3