Zsa Zsa Gabor's Husband Has Allowed Doctors to Amputate Her Leg
Hollywood veteran Zsa Zsa Gabor is one step closer to losing her leg - her husband has confirmed he has signed paperwork allowing doctors to amputate. Prince Frederic von Anhalt took the actress to hospital last Sunday, January 2 after medics told him they could no longer delay treatment on Gabor's leg, which had become gangrenous.
They held off on amputating the limb, hoping that a course of strong antibiotics might give them options, but von Anhalt told TMZ.com on Thursday, January 6 he had been given 24 hours to decide whether or not to give doctors the go ahead to perform a life-threatening operation on the 93-year-old TV star.
Von Anhalt now tells the website doctors will administer anaesthesia to Gabor on Friday. TMZ.com reports doctors will attempt to remove a blood clot. If they determine it can't be removed, von Anhalt says medics will then amputate half her leg.
- 'The Predator' Release Date Pushed Back
- 'Deadpool 2' and 'New Mutants' Get Release Dates
- Video: Kylie Jenner Holding Hands With Travis Scott
- 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' and Release Date Officially Announced
- Jay-Z Renews Deal With Live Nation
- 'Avatar' Sequels Release Dates Unveiled
- Kourtney Kardashian Goes Undercover as News Reporter and Nobody Recognizes Her
- Carmelo and La La Anthony Put on United Front for Sake of Their Son