Zsa Zsa Gabor's Husband Has Allowed Doctors to Amputate Her Leg
Hollywood veteran Zsa Zsa Gabor is one step closer to losing her leg - her husband has confirmed he has signed paperwork allowing doctors to amputate. Prince Frederic von Anhalt took the actress to hospital last Sunday, January 2 after medics told him they could no longer delay treatment on Gabor's leg, which had become gangrenous.
They held off on amputating the limb, hoping that a course of strong antibiotics might give them options, but von Anhalt told TMZ.com on Thursday, January 6 he had been given 24 hours to decide whether or not to give doctors the go ahead to perform a life-threatening operation on the 93-year-old TV star.
Von Anhalt now tells the website doctors will administer anaesthesia to Gabor on Friday. TMZ.com reports doctors will attempt to remove a blood clot. If they determine it can't be removed, von Anhalt says medics will then amputate half her leg.
- Sharon Osbourne Defends Kelly for Trashing Ozzy's Alleged Mistress, Can't Help Laughing at It
- Carrie Underwood and Brad Paisley Returning to Host 2016 CMA Awards
- Simon Pegg and Mike Myers Join Margot Robbie in Thriller 'Terminal'
- 'The Flash' Season 2 Finale: The Man in the Iron Mask Reveal Brings in Another Speedster
- Kendall Jenner Says She's Psychic. Get Details of Her Sixth Sense
- Lil Wayne and Birdman Are Still Feuding After Settlement Talks 'Broke Off'
- Khloe Kardashian Fears Blac Chyna Will Use Her Baby With Rob for Fame and Fortune
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance