Lady GaGa Unveils Sunglasses Camera for Polaroid
Lady GaGa was the star of a very different kind of show on Thursday, January 6 when she unveiled her new instant camera collection for Polaroid at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. The "Paparazzi" hitmaker, who dominated awards ceremonies throughout 2010, stole the spotlight on the opening day of the annual gadget exhibition when she stepped onstage to unveil three new products she helped to design for the Polaroid Grey Label.
Giving live demonstrations of the items, she showed off a pair of sunglasses which doubles as a digital camera, allowing users to discreetly snap photos and save or display them on the lenses. She revealed the idea was inspired by an old tour accessory - dark glasses she fashioned out of iPod screens early on in her career.
She also displayed a portable, wireless printer and a modernized version of the brand's classic instant camera, which lets users save images digitally and print them out using an inkless technology called Zinc, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
And Gaga was proud to have played a key role in the development of the products. She told the CES audience, "They really let me put my hands in there and design this s**t myself." The Grey Label is not expected in stores until the end of the year.
Gaga wasn't the only big name at the opening of the 2011 CES exhibition - rap superstar 50 Cent was also due to make an appearance to unveil his new range of Sleek Audio headphones.
More Lady GaGa News
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?