Lady GaGa Unveils Sunglasses Camera for Polaroid
Lady GaGa was the star of a very different kind of show on Thursday, January 6 when she unveiled her new instant camera collection for Polaroid at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas. The "Paparazzi" hitmaker, who dominated awards ceremonies throughout 2010, stole the spotlight on the opening day of the annual gadget exhibition when she stepped onstage to unveil three new products she helped to design for the Polaroid Grey Label.
Giving live demonstrations of the items, she showed off a pair of sunglasses which doubles as a digital camera, allowing users to discreetly snap photos and save or display them on the lenses. She revealed the idea was inspired by an old tour accessory - dark glasses she fashioned out of iPod screens early on in her career.
She also displayed a portable, wireless printer and a modernized version of the brand's classic instant camera, which lets users save images digitally and print them out using an inkless technology called Zinc, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
And Gaga was proud to have played a key role in the development of the products. She told the CES audience, "They really let me put my hands in there and design this s**t myself." The Grey Label is not expected in stores until the end of the year.
Gaga wasn't the only big name at the opening of the 2011 CES exhibition - rap superstar 50 Cent was also due to make an appearance to unveil his new range of Sleek Audio headphones.
More Lady GaGa News
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby