Michael Jackson Was Dead Long Before Arriving at Hospital
Michael Jackson was dead an hour before his body arrived at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in June, 2009, according to testimony from emergency room doctor Richelle Cooper. The doctor took the stand at an ongoing preliminary hearing which will dictate whether or not Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray will stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges relating to the King of Pop's death.
Cooper revealed she gave paramedics who raced to the singer's rented Holmby Hills, Los Angeles home the authorization to pronounce the "Thriller" singer dead. However, Murray - who found the star's lifeless body in his bedroom - insisted they try to resuscitate the King of Pop for almost an hour. Cooper told the court on Thursday, January 6 she authorized paramedics to pronounce Jackson dead at 12.57 P.M. on 25 June, 2009, but they declined at Murray's request - and because of the singer's celebrity.
Cooper officially pronounced Jackson dead at 2.26 P.M. after the singer's body arrived at the hospital. Murray's girlfriend Nicole Alvarez, who the doctor called from the ambulance to UCLA, has been ordered to appear in court on Friday, January 7. The preliminary hearing began on Tuesday, January 4 and is expected to last two weeks.
More Michael Jackson News
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Leads With 14 Nods, 7 Black Actors Are Among 20 Acting Nominees
- 'The Ring' Prank Is Too Real to Not Be Terrified. See People's Reactions
- First Look at Sebastian Stan in 'I, Tonya' Arrives as Caitlin Carver Joins the Cast
- Furious Chris Brown Hits Back at Aziz Ansari for Comparing Him to Donald Trump
- Michelle Rodriguez Is a Transgender in 'The Assignment' Trailer
- Bella Hadid Gets Frisky in Threesome Photo With Kendall Jenner and Riccardo Tisci
- Alec Baldwin Will Host 'Saturday Night Live' for the 17th Time
- Sabrina Carpenter Slays a Mash-Up of Ed Sheeran's 'Shape of You' and TLC's 'No Scrubs'