Michael Jackson Was Dead Long Before Arriving at Hospital
Michael Jackson was dead an hour before his body arrived at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in June, 2009, according to testimony from emergency room doctor Richelle Cooper. The doctor took the stand at an ongoing preliminary hearing which will dictate whether or not Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray will stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges relating to the King of Pop's death.
Cooper revealed she gave paramedics who raced to the singer's rented Holmby Hills, Los Angeles home the authorization to pronounce the "Thriller" singer dead. However, Murray - who found the star's lifeless body in his bedroom - insisted they try to resuscitate the King of Pop for almost an hour. Cooper told the court on Thursday, January 6 she authorized paramedics to pronounce Jackson dead at 12.57 P.M. on 25 June, 2009, but they declined at Murray's request - and because of the singer's celebrity.
Cooper officially pronounced Jackson dead at 2.26 P.M. after the singer's body arrived at the hospital. Murray's girlfriend Nicole Alvarez, who the doctor called from the ambulance to UCLA, has been ordered to appear in court on Friday, January 7. The preliminary hearing began on Tuesday, January 4 and is expected to last two weeks.
More Michael Jackson News
- Nick Cannon Is Still Close to Ex Mariah Carey but Says They're Not Sleeping Together
- Janet Jackson Is Swaying at Bruno Mars' Concert After Split
- Disney Star Michael Mantenuto Found Dead at 35 of Gunshot Wound
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Livid at Kris Jenner, Says She Barely Gets Money From 'KUWTK'
- Paranoid Travis Scott Fears Kylie Jenner Is Just Using Him to Get Revenge on Tyga
- Park Bom Flaunts Backside in Skimpy Swimsuit
- Watch Fall Out Boy's Bizarre Clip for 'Young and Menace'
- Barack Obama Disses Donald Trump's Tweeting Habit