Michael Jackson Was Dead Long Before Arriving at Hospital
Michael Jackson was dead an hour before his body arrived at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in June, 2009, according to testimony from emergency room doctor Richelle Cooper. The doctor took the stand at an ongoing preliminary hearing which will dictate whether or not Jackson's physician Dr. Conrad Murray will stand trial on involuntary manslaughter charges relating to the King of Pop's death.
Cooper revealed she gave paramedics who raced to the singer's rented Holmby Hills, Los Angeles home the authorization to pronounce the "Thriller" singer dead. However, Murray - who found the star's lifeless body in his bedroom - insisted they try to resuscitate the King of Pop for almost an hour. Cooper told the court on Thursday, January 6 she authorized paramedics to pronounce Jackson dead at 12.57 P.M. on 25 June, 2009, but they declined at Murray's request - and because of the singer's celebrity.
Cooper officially pronounced Jackson dead at 2.26 P.M. after the singer's body arrived at the hospital. Murray's girlfriend Nicole Alvarez, who the doctor called from the ambulance to UCLA, has been ordered to appear in court on Friday, January 7. The preliminary hearing began on Tuesday, January 4 and is expected to last two weeks.
More Michael Jackson News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding