Notorious B.I.G.'s Murder Investigation Re-Opened
Police in California have reportedly revived the investigation into the murder of rap legend Notorious B.I.G., 13 years after he was gunned down in Los Angeles. The hip-hop star, real name Christopher Wallace, was shot dead in L.A. in March, 1997. An investigation was launched immediately after the fatal shooting but the matter remains unsolved.
Various conspiracy theories have linked his death to the East Coast/West Coast rap rivalry involving former Death Row Records mogul Marion Suge Knight and his top artist Tupac Shakur, who was shot and killed less than a year before Biggie's death.
Officers at the Los Angeles Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are now said to be actively pursuing new leads relating to the case and working closely with the L.A. County District Attorney's Office, according to CNN.com.
A law enforcement source tells the network the probe was "reinvigorated" months ago as a result of new information.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance