Notorious B.I.G.'s Murder Investigation Re-Opened
Police in California have reportedly revived the investigation into the murder of rap legend Notorious B.I.G., 13 years after he was gunned down in Los Angeles. The hip-hop star, real name Christopher Wallace, was shot dead in L.A. in March, 1997. An investigation was launched immediately after the fatal shooting but the matter remains unsolved.
Various conspiracy theories have linked his death to the East Coast/West Coast rap rivalry involving former Death Row Records mogul Marion Suge Knight and his top artist Tupac Shakur, who was shot and killed less than a year before Biggie's death.
Officers at the Los Angeles Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are now said to be actively pursuing new leads relating to the case and working closely with the L.A. County District Attorney's Office, according to CNN.com.
A law enforcement source tells the network the probe was "reinvigorated" months ago as a result of new information.
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Step Out for Romantic Dinner Amid Divorce Rumors
- 'Scandal' to Tackle Alt-Reality Theme in 100th Episode. Get the First Look!
- 'Punisher': New Set Photos Reveal Major Cast Addition
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other