Notorious B.I.G.'s Murder Investigation Re-Opened
Police in California have reportedly revived the investigation into the murder of rap legend Notorious B.I.G., 13 years after he was gunned down in Los Angeles. The hip-hop star, real name Christopher Wallace, was shot dead in L.A. in March, 1997. An investigation was launched immediately after the fatal shooting but the matter remains unsolved.
Various conspiracy theories have linked his death to the East Coast/West Coast rap rivalry involving former Death Row Records mogul Marion Suge Knight and his top artist Tupac Shakur, who was shot and killed less than a year before Biggie's death.
Officers at the Los Angeles Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are now said to be actively pursuing new leads relating to the case and working closely with the L.A. County District Attorney's Office, according to CNN.com.
A law enforcement source tells the network the probe was "reinvigorated" months ago as a result of new information.
More Notorious B.I.G. News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival