Notorious B.I.G.'s Murder Investigation Re-Opened
Police in California have reportedly revived the investigation into the murder of rap legend Notorious B.I.G., 13 years after he was gunned down in Los Angeles. The hip-hop star, real name Christopher Wallace, was shot dead in L.A. in March, 1997. An investigation was launched immediately after the fatal shooting but the matter remains unsolved.
Various conspiracy theories have linked his death to the East Coast/West Coast rap rivalry involving former Death Row Records mogul Marion Suge Knight and his top artist Tupac Shakur, who was shot and killed less than a year before Biggie's death.
Officers at the Los Angeles Police Department and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) are now said to be actively pursuing new leads relating to the case and working closely with the L.A. County District Attorney's Office, according to CNN.com.
A law enforcement source tells the network the probe was "reinvigorated" months ago as a result of new information.
More Notorious B.I.G. News
- Adele Doesn't Care About Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie's Split, She Clarifies
- Video: Justin Bieber Gets Into a Fight in German Bar
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Share First Photo of Baby Dusty Rose
- Ryan Murphy Admits to 'Infighting' on 'Glee' Set and Cast Member Hookups
- Mariah Carey Wears No Underwear in Sheer White Dress During Romantic Getaway With Fiance
- Exes Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Trapped in Elevator for Four Hours. Was It Awkward?
- Mom Material? Katy Perry Bonds With Orlando Bloom's Son Flynn at Shanghai Disneyland
- Listen to 'Trolls' Soundtrack Featuring Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani and Ariana Grande