Judge Grants Nas' Request to Reduce Child Support Payment
A judge has granted Nas' request to have his child support payments to ex-wife Kelis reduced by half. The hip-hop supercouple split in April, 2009 after four years of marriage, with divorce papers filed just months before the singer gave birth to the pair's son Knight.
The divorce was granted in May, but they continued to thrash out the details of the settlement. Shortly before the union was officially dissolved, the rapper filed a request asking for his $10,000-a-month child support payments to be reduced, and a judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court has now granted his wish.
The payments for Knight will now sit at around $5,000-a-month, while Nas will also pay Kelis approximately $20,000-a-month in spousal support, according to TMZ.com.
More Nas News
- Cathriona White's Letter Reveals Jim Carrey Called Her a 'Whore' and Gave Her STDs
- 50 Cent Starts 'Empire' Feud With Taraji P. Henson, Jussie Smollett Also Weighs In
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' 2.14 Preview: An Ambush
- Angelina Jolie's Ambition to Become a Head of the UN Might Cause Split From Brad Pitt
- Taylor Swift Debuts New Haircut, Parties With Gwyneth Paltrow, Mick Jagger at Liberty Ross' Birthday
- Watch Performances From Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Chris Martin and More at Global Citizen Festival 2016
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.02 Preview Promises Revelation of the Saviors' Secret
- Did Faith Evans Just Expose Her Vagina in Front of the Crowd? See the Evidence!