Judge Grants Nas' Request to Reduce Child Support Payment
A judge has granted Nas' request to have his child support payments to ex-wife Kelis reduced by half. The hip-hop supercouple split in April, 2009 after four years of marriage, with divorce papers filed just months before the singer gave birth to the pair's son Knight.
The divorce was granted in May, but they continued to thrash out the details of the settlement. Shortly before the union was officially dissolved, the rapper filed a request asking for his $10,000-a-month child support payments to be reduced, and a judge at Los Angeles County Superior Court has now granted his wish.
The payments for Knight will now sit at around $5,000-a-month, while Nas will also pay Kelis approximately $20,000-a-month in spousal support, according to TMZ.com.
More Nas News
- Jay-Z Is Producing a Series About Trayvon Martin
- Pamela Anderson Storms Off TV Set After Being Offended by an Old School Photo
- Mariah Carey Flashes Nipples as She Goes Braless in Skintight Dress
- Selena Gomez Shares Message of Empowerment to High School Students During Surprise Visit
- Animated 'KUWTK' Series Is on the Way
- John Mayer Admits New Single 'Still Feel Like Your Man' Is About Katy Perry
- Selena Gomez Gets Teased About Her Love for Canadian Guys. See Her Reaction
- Is Amber Rose Into a Woman Now? Model Sparks Rumors She's Hooking Up With Teyana Taylor