Nathan Followill Challenged Prince Harry for Ping Pong Contest
Kings of Leon star Nathan Followill had a royal battle on a recent trip to the U.K. - he challenged Prince Harry to a ping pong contest. The "Sex on Fire" hitmaker met the British royal at London's O2 Arena and invited him to take part in a table tennis competition.
Followill's bandmates urged the rocker to go easy on the Prince - but he refused - and won. He tells Britain's The Sun, "We're still pretty wide-eyed about meeting dignitaries but he's the cool prince I think. He picked up a ping pong bat backstage and we went at it."
"I'm not sure what the etiquette is when you play a prince at table tennis, but hey, I'm a king aren't I? A king trumps a prince. I think the other guys thought, 'Maybe you should let a real prince win.' But he is so tall and he's got military training so I figured he can look after himself. It was a hard-fought battle but I took him in the end."
More Kings of Leon News
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'
- Amber Heard Reportedly Dating a Musician After Johnny Depp Split. Who's Her New Man?
- NBC Announces Next Live Musical 'Bye Bye Birdie' Starring Jennifer Lopez
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?