Celine Dion Opens Up About Emotional Turmoil After Twins Birth
Celine Dion suffered mood swings, fatigue and a loss of appetite following the birth of her twins last year. The pop star welcomed little Nelson and Eddy at a hospital in Florida in October 2010 after a long struggle to conceive with her husband Rene Angelil.
The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker admits she was overjoyed to be a mother again, but she suffered a number of worrying symptoms after the birth - and she's glad her own mum Therese was around to reassure her. She tells French magazine Gala, "Some of the first days after I came home, I was a little outside myself. I had no appetite and that bothered me. My mother remarked that she noticed I had moments of lifelessness, but reassured me that this was entirely normal."
"One moment, tremendous happiness; the next, fatigue sets in, and I cried for no reason, and then that took care of itself. It's for things like that after having a baby that mothers really need emotional support."
More Celine Dion News
- Kanye West Launches Twitter Rants About Apple and Tidal Beef
- Tyler Posey Clarifies 'I Am Gay' Snapchat Video and Apologizes for Fake Coming Out
- Nick Jonas Offered $2 Million to Perform at RNC
- Director Paul Feig Slams Sony for Deleting 'Ghostbusters' Pro-Hillary Tweet
- 'Game of Thrones' Set to End With Season 8, Spin-Off Plan Confirmed
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo