Celine Dion Opens Up About Emotional Turmoil After Twins Birth
Celine Dion suffered mood swings, fatigue and a loss of appetite following the birth of her twins last year. The pop star welcomed little Nelson and Eddy at a hospital in Florida in October 2010 after a long struggle to conceive with her husband Rene Angelil.
The "My Heart Will Go On" hitmaker admits she was overjoyed to be a mother again, but she suffered a number of worrying symptoms after the birth - and she's glad her own mum Therese was around to reassure her. She tells French magazine Gala, "Some of the first days after I came home, I was a little outside myself. I had no appetite and that bothered me. My mother remarked that she noticed I had moments of lifelessness, but reassured me that this was entirely normal."
"One moment, tremendous happiness; the next, fatigue sets in, and I cried for no reason, and then that took care of itself. It's for things like that after having a baby that mothers really need emotional support."
More Celine Dion News
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Reveals A.D. in Series Finale. Did You See It Coming?
- Britney Spears Slams Lip-Sync Accusations: 'Nobody Ever Really Gives Me Credit'
- 'Gotham' Star Donal Logue's Child Is Missing
- 'Star Trek' Alum to Direct an Upcoming Episode of 'Star Trek: Discovery'
- Kim Kardashian Mom-Shamed Over Saint West's Front-Facing Car Seat
- Rihanna Caught Making Out With Mystery Man in Spain
- Kendrick Lamar Gets Violent in New Brutal Video for 'Element'
- 'Girl with Dragon Tattoo' Star Michael Nyqvist Dies at 56