Oprah Winfrey Invited as Piers Morgan's First Guest on CNN
Oprah Winfrey will be British journalist-turned-TV personality Piers Morgan's first guest when he launches his new CNN chat show on January 17. Morgan was announced as longtime CNN anchor Larry King's replacement last year and he admits he knew he had to get a big first guest.
He says, "No one can say that Oprah isn't a great get... She's one of two or three of the most brilliant gets in the world. She's a compelling interview. Everyone has interviewed Oprah over the years. Is my interview as good as the ones that have been done before? She thought so. I guarantee you'll enjoy this one."
Winfrey has been in the headlines a lot recently after launching her own TV network in America on New Year's Day.
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret
- Taylor Swift Makes Many Heartbreak Songs for New Album Despite Blooming Romance With Joe Alwyn
- Are They Hooking Up? Amber Rose Spotted Leaving a Club With 21 Savage