George Jones Laughs Off Hospitalization Report
Country music legend George Jones has been hospitalized in Nashville, Tennessee after an annual medical check-up sparked concerns for his health. The 79-year-old singer/songwriter was undergoing a regular examination on Wednesday, January 5 when doctors decided to admit him to hospital and keep him in overnight.
A statement from Jones' publicist reads, "On Wednesday, January 5th 2011, George Jones underwent an annual routine health check-up. Although Mr. Jones is staying overnight in a Nashville hospital, he is resting and will be released tomorrow."
Jones has laughed off the hospitalization, adding, "I just decided I didn't want to drive back to Franklin in this cold weather so I guess I'll just stay here tonight and go home tomorrow."
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie