George Jones Laughs Off Hospitalization Report
Country music legend George Jones has been hospitalized in Nashville, Tennessee after an annual medical check-up sparked concerns for his health. The 79-year-old singer/songwriter was undergoing a regular examination on Wednesday, January 5 when doctors decided to admit him to hospital and keep him in overnight.
A statement from Jones' publicist reads, "On Wednesday, January 5th 2011, George Jones underwent an annual routine health check-up. Although Mr. Jones is staying overnight in a Nashville hospital, he is resting and will be released tomorrow."
Jones has laughed off the hospitalization, adding, "I just decided I didn't want to drive back to Franklin in this cold weather so I guess I'll just stay here tonight and go home tomorrow."
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder
- Drake's 'More Life' Dethrones Ed Sheeran's 'Divide' on Billboard 200
- 'The Walking Dead' Season Finale Sneak Peeks Tease Betrayal and the Big War
- 'Marvel's Inhumans' Debuts First Official Logo
- Katy Perry and Ryan Phillippe Spotted Flirting During Elton John's Birthday Party