George Jones Laughs Off Hospitalization Report
Country music legend George Jones has been hospitalized in Nashville, Tennessee after an annual medical check-up sparked concerns for his health. The 79-year-old singer/songwriter was undergoing a regular examination on Wednesday, January 5 when doctors decided to admit him to hospital and keep him in overnight.
A statement from Jones' publicist reads, "On Wednesday, January 5th 2011, George Jones underwent an annual routine health check-up. Although Mr. Jones is staying overnight in a Nashville hospital, he is resting and will be released tomorrow."
Jones has laughed off the hospitalization, adding, "I just decided I didn't want to drive back to Franklin in this cold weather so I guess I'll just stay here tonight and go home tomorrow."
- Louis Tomlinson and Bebe Rexha Announce New Collab 'Back to You'
- Meek Mill and His Crew Caught Jumping and Attacking Nicki Minaj's Ex Safaree
- Are Jon Hamm and Jenny Slate Dating? Pal Says 'They're a Perfect Match'
- Emily Ratajkowski Parades Her Impressive Bum in Tiny Thong Bikini in Italy
- Going Too Far? Halsey Shades Britney Spears, Demi Lovato and Katy Perry
- Are Park Bo Gum and Jang Nara Getting Married?
- Will Ferrell's 'The House' Co-Star Speaks Up About Mariah Carey's Diva Behaviors on Set
- Here's Why Kenya Moore Kept Her Husband's Identity Secret