George Jones Laughs Off Hospitalization Report
Country music legend George Jones has been hospitalized in Nashville, Tennessee after an annual medical check-up sparked concerns for his health. The 79-year-old singer/songwriter was undergoing a regular examination on Wednesday, January 5 when doctors decided to admit him to hospital and keep him in overnight.
A statement from Jones' publicist reads, "On Wednesday, January 5th 2011, George Jones underwent an annual routine health check-up. Although Mr. Jones is staying overnight in a Nashville hospital, he is resting and will be released tomorrow."
Jones has laughed off the hospitalization, adding, "I just decided I didn't want to drive back to Franklin in this cold weather so I guess I'll just stay here tonight and go home tomorrow."
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures
- Gwen Stefani's Son Kingston Sings Blake Shelton's Song While Face-Swapping With Him
- Comic-Con: Check Out Trailers for 'Flash' Season 3, 'Arrow' Season 5 and 'Legends' Season 2