George Jones Laughs Off Hospitalization Report
Country music legend George Jones has been hospitalized in Nashville, Tennessee after an annual medical check-up sparked concerns for his health. The 79-year-old singer/songwriter was undergoing a regular examination on Wednesday, January 5 when doctors decided to admit him to hospital and keep him in overnight.
A statement from Jones' publicist reads, "On Wednesday, January 5th 2011, George Jones underwent an annual routine health check-up. Although Mr. Jones is staying overnight in a Nashville hospital, he is resting and will be released tomorrow."
Jones has laughed off the hospitalization, adding, "I just decided I didn't want to drive back to Franklin in this cold weather so I guess I'll just stay here tonight and go home tomorrow."
- Fragile Yoko Ono Is Hoping to See John Lennon in Heaven
- Beyhive Is on the Hunt for Beyonce's Secret Snapchat Account
- Lionel Richie Puts 'All the Hits Tour' on Hold Due to Knee Surgery
- Did Justin Bieber Just Hint That He's Dating Someone on Twitter?
- Perrie Edwards Sparks Pregnancy Speculation With Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?