Johnny Depp: 'Pirates 4' Won't Be Confusing
Johnny Depp has vowed to bring a "freshness" to the next installment of the "Pirate of the Caribbean" franchise, after admitting the last two movies were confusing. The actor is reprising his famous role of swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow in the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", which Depp insists features a less convoluted plot than its predecessors.
He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "The things with Pirates 4, I felt like we owed it to people... You know? Pirates 2 and 3 became quite... sub-plotty (sic). The mathematics of it. All these people went to see them two or three times just to figure out what was happening. This one is a little closer in tone to the first: more character driven... more subject driven. It has a freshness... less mathematics."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opens in U.S. theaters on May 20.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance