Johnny Depp: 'Pirates 4' Won't Be Confusing
Johnny Depp has vowed to bring a "freshness" to the next installment of the "Pirate of the Caribbean" franchise, after admitting the last two movies were confusing. The actor is reprising his famous role of swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow in the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", which Depp insists features a less convoluted plot than its predecessors.
He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "The things with Pirates 4, I felt like we owed it to people... You know? Pirates 2 and 3 became quite... sub-plotty (sic). The mathematics of it. All these people went to see them two or three times just to figure out what was happening. This one is a little closer in tone to the first: more character driven... more subject driven. It has a freshness... less mathematics."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opens in U.S. theaters on May 20.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal