Johnny Depp: 'Pirates 4' Won't Be Confusing
Johnny Depp has vowed to bring a "freshness" to the next installment of the "Pirate of the Caribbean" franchise, after admitting the last two movies were confusing. The actor is reprising his famous role of swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow in the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", which Depp insists features a less convoluted plot than its predecessors.
He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "The things with Pirates 4, I felt like we owed it to people... You know? Pirates 2 and 3 became quite... sub-plotty (sic). The mathematics of it. All these people went to see them two or three times just to figure out what was happening. This one is a little closer in tone to the first: more character driven... more subject driven. It has a freshness... less mathematics."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opens in U.S. theaters on May 20.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri