Johnny Depp: 'Pirates 4' Won't Be Confusing
Johnny Depp has vowed to bring a "freshness" to the next installment of the "Pirate of the Caribbean" franchise, after admitting the last two movies were confusing. The actor is reprising his famous role of swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow in the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", which Depp insists features a less convoluted plot than its predecessors.
He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "The things with Pirates 4, I felt like we owed it to people... You know? Pirates 2 and 3 became quite... sub-plotty (sic). The mathematics of it. All these people went to see them two or three times just to figure out what was happening. This one is a little closer in tone to the first: more character driven... more subject driven. It has a freshness... less mathematics."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opens in U.S. theaters on May 20.
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers