Johnny Depp: 'Pirates 4' Won't Be Confusing
Johnny Depp has vowed to bring a "freshness" to the next installment of the "Pirate of the Caribbean" franchise, after admitting the last two movies were confusing. The actor is reprising his famous role of swashbuckler Captain Jack Sparrow in the upcoming "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides", which Depp insists features a less convoluted plot than its predecessors.
He tells Britain's Empire magazine, "The things with Pirates 4, I felt like we owed it to people... You know? Pirates 2 and 3 became quite... sub-plotty (sic). The mathematics of it. All these people went to see them two or three times just to figure out what was happening. This one is a little closer in tone to the first: more character driven... more subject driven. It has a freshness... less mathematics."
"Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" opens in U.S. theaters on May 20.
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win
- First Look at Lumiere, Cogsworth, Gaston and Le Fou in 'Beauty and the Beast'
- Julianne Hough and Derek Hough to Return for 'DWTS' Season 23
- Sam Mendes in Talks to Direct Disney's 'James and the Giant Peach'
- 'Veep' Star Anna Chlumsky Gives Birth to Her Second Child
- Producer Defends Frank Ocean for Self-Releasing 'Blonde' Album, Slams Def Jam
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Give Paparazzi Free Yeezy Sneakers