Kanye West Sued for Allegedly Beating Up a Photographer
Kanye West is facing a lawsuit from a photographer who alleges the rapper and his security team "assaulted" and "threatened" him in 2008. Snapper Michael Vazquez has filed court papers in New York alleging he was the victim of a vicious attack after he was hired to film and photograph a party for Casio G-Shock watches at the Guastavino's venue in New York City in May, 2008.
Vazquez claims West, who performed at the event, along with up to 10 unnamed members of his entourage "assaulted, battered, beat and threatened" him. The lawsuit reads, "The actions by defendants Kanye West's agents, servants and/or employees was committed with malice... (and) caused plaintiff to suffer injuries."
New York Post gossip column Page Six reports Vazquez, 44, wants unspecified damages for "physical, mental and emotional illness".
More Kanye West News
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri