Kanye West Sued for Allegedly Beating Up a Photographer
Kanye West is facing a lawsuit from a photographer who alleges the rapper and his security team "assaulted" and "threatened" him in 2008. Snapper Michael Vazquez has filed court papers in New York alleging he was the victim of a vicious attack after he was hired to film and photograph a party for Casio G-Shock watches at the Guastavino's venue in New York City in May, 2008.
Vazquez claims West, who performed at the event, along with up to 10 unnamed members of his entourage "assaulted, battered, beat and threatened" him. The lawsuit reads, "The actions by defendants Kanye West's agents, servants and/or employees was committed with malice... (and) caused plaintiff to suffer injuries."
New York Post gossip column Page Six reports Vazquez, 44, wants unspecified damages for "physical, mental and emotional illness".
More Kanye West News
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed