Kanye West Sued for Allegedly Beating Up a Photographer
Kanye West is facing a lawsuit from a photographer who alleges the rapper and his security team "assaulted" and "threatened" him in 2008. Snapper Michael Vazquez has filed court papers in New York alleging he was the victim of a vicious attack after he was hired to film and photograph a party for Casio G-Shock watches at the Guastavino's venue in New York City in May, 2008.
Vazquez claims West, who performed at the event, along with up to 10 unnamed members of his entourage "assaulted, battered, beat and threatened" him. The lawsuit reads, "The actions by defendants Kanye West's agents, servants and/or employees was committed with malice... (and) caused plaintiff to suffer injuries."
New York Post gossip column Page Six reports Vazquez, 44, wants unspecified damages for "physical, mental and emotional illness".
More Kanye West News
- Antonio Banderas Reveals Suffering From Heart Attack
- Harry Styles Teases First Solo Single and Books Release Date
- Liam Payne and Cheryl Welcome Baby Boy - See the Baby's Pic!
- Katy Perry Teases New KP4 Song 'Witness'
- J.Lo and Alex Rodriguez Are Head Over Heels for Each Other
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Attend Funeral for His Nephew
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'