Kanye West Sued for Allegedly Beating Up a Photographer
Kanye West is facing a lawsuit from a photographer who alleges the rapper and his security team "assaulted" and "threatened" him in 2008. Snapper Michael Vazquez has filed court papers in New York alleging he was the victim of a vicious attack after he was hired to film and photograph a party for Casio G-Shock watches at the Guastavino's venue in New York City in May, 2008.
Vazquez claims West, who performed at the event, along with up to 10 unnamed members of his entourage "assaulted, battered, beat and threatened" him. The lawsuit reads, "The actions by defendants Kanye West's agents, servants and/or employees was committed with malice... (and) caused plaintiff to suffer injuries."
New York Post gossip column Page Six reports Vazquez, 44, wants unspecified damages for "physical, mental and emotional illness".
More Kanye West News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris