Kanye West Sued for Allegedly Beating Up a Photographer
Kanye West is facing a lawsuit from a photographer who alleges the rapper and his security team "assaulted" and "threatened" him in 2008. Snapper Michael Vazquez has filed court papers in New York alleging he was the victim of a vicious attack after he was hired to film and photograph a party for Casio G-Shock watches at the Guastavino's venue in New York City in May, 2008.
Vazquez claims West, who performed at the event, along with up to 10 unnamed members of his entourage "assaulted, battered, beat and threatened" him. The lawsuit reads, "The actions by defendants Kanye West's agents, servants and/or employees was committed with malice... (and) caused plaintiff to suffer injuries."
New York Post gossip column Page Six reports Vazquez, 44, wants unspecified damages for "physical, mental and emotional illness".
More Kanye West News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Possible Reconciliation With Christina
- Chance The Rapper and Jeremih Featured on Taylor Bennett's 'Grown Up Fairy Tales'
- Uh-Oh! 'The Vampire Diaries' Poised to Bring Back This Ultimate Villain
- Report: Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Moving to Australia Next Year
- Selena Gomez Goes Braless in Sexy New Pics
- Patrick Stewart Is Done Playing Professor X in 'X-Men' Franchise
- Jamie Foxx Dumps Katie Holmes Over Her Scientology Drama
- Mahershala Ali and Wife Welcome Baby Girl