Confirmed, Per Oscarsson Died in Fire
Police have confirmed the death of actor Per Oscarsson after his home in his native Sweden was burned to the ground on Friday, December 31, 2010. Spokesman Ulf Edberg says remains found in Oscarsson's house in Skara were identified as belonging to the 83-year-old actor and his wife, 67-year-old Kia Ostling, on Wednesday, January 5.
The building became engulfed in flames early on Friday and only the chimney remained when firefighters arrived at the scene, reports The Associated Press. The cause of the fire was still unknown as WENN went to press.
Oscarsson began his movie career in the 1940s and won the best actor award at the 1966 Cannes Film Festival for his role in "Hunger". He also brought the character Holger Palmgren, Lisbeth Salander's late lawyer and guardian, to life in film adaptations of late author Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest".
- Kylie Jenner Calls Tyga Her 'Husband' on Snapchat
- Lindsay Lohan Writing Tell-All Book About Her Life
- 'Wreck-It Ralph 2' Gets 2018 Release Date, Hints at Internet Setting
- Rihanna Is Queen of the Universe in 'Sledgehammer' Music Video
- Lady GaGa Responds to Dalai Lama Controversy
- Idris Elba, Michael B. Jordan, John Boyega Join Academy After OscarsSoWhite Backlash
- Louis Tomlinson Files for Joint Custody of His Son With Briana Jungwirth
- Iggy Azalea Addresses Nick Young Baby Rumor, Reveals She Caught Him Cheating on Camera