Confirmed, Per Oscarsson Died in Fire
Police have confirmed the death of actor Per Oscarsson after his home in his native Sweden was burned to the ground on Friday, December 31, 2010. Spokesman Ulf Edberg says remains found in Oscarsson's house in Skara were identified as belonging to the 83-year-old actor and his wife, 67-year-old Kia Ostling, on Wednesday, January 5.
The building became engulfed in flames early on Friday and only the chimney remained when firefighters arrived at the scene, reports The Associated Press. The cause of the fire was still unknown as WENN went to press.
Oscarsson began his movie career in the 1940s and won the best actor award at the 1966 Cannes Film Festival for his role in "Hunger". He also brought the character Holger Palmgren, Lisbeth Salander's late lawyer and guardian, to life in film adaptations of late author Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest".
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video
- Gerard Butler Set to Return as Mike Banning in 'Angel Has Fallen'
- Bruno Mars Describes Adele as Diva: 'She's Got All This Attitude'
- Kim Kardashian Filming 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' Backstage at Kanye West's Concert
- Katy Perry Celebrates 32nd Birthday by Voting for Hillary Clinton and Hitting Kanye West's Concert