Confirmed, Per Oscarsson Died in Fire
Police have confirmed the death of actor Per Oscarsson after his home in his native Sweden was burned to the ground on Friday, December 31, 2010. Spokesman Ulf Edberg says remains found in Oscarsson's house in Skara were identified as belonging to the 83-year-old actor and his wife, 67-year-old Kia Ostling, on Wednesday, January 5.
The building became engulfed in flames early on Friday and only the chimney remained when firefighters arrived at the scene, reports The Associated Press. The cause of the fire was still unknown as WENN went to press.
Oscarsson began his movie career in the 1940s and won the best actor award at the 1966 Cannes Film Festival for his role in "Hunger". He also brought the character Holger Palmgren, Lisbeth Salander's late lawyer and guardian, to life in film adaptations of late author Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest".
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party