Confirmed, Per Oscarsson Died in Fire
Police have confirmed the death of actor Per Oscarsson after his home in his native Sweden was burned to the ground on Friday, December 31, 2010. Spokesman Ulf Edberg says remains found in Oscarsson's house in Skara were identified as belonging to the 83-year-old actor and his wife, 67-year-old Kia Ostling, on Wednesday, January 5.
The building became engulfed in flames early on Friday and only the chimney remained when firefighters arrived at the scene, reports The Associated Press. The cause of the fire was still unknown as WENN went to press.
Oscarsson began his movie career in the 1940s and won the best actor award at the 1966 Cannes Film Festival for his role in "Hunger". He also brought the character Holger Palmgren, Lisbeth Salander's late lawyer and guardian, to life in film adaptations of late author Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest".
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'