Confirmed, Per Oscarsson Died in Fire
Police have confirmed the death of actor Per Oscarsson after his home in his native Sweden was burned to the ground on Friday, December 31, 2010. Spokesman Ulf Edberg says remains found in Oscarsson's house in Skara were identified as belonging to the 83-year-old actor and his wife, 67-year-old Kia Ostling, on Wednesday, January 5.
The building became engulfed in flames early on Friday and only the chimney remained when firefighters arrived at the scene, reports The Associated Press. The cause of the fire was still unknown as WENN went to press.
Oscarsson began his movie career in the 1940s and won the best actor award at the 1966 Cannes Film Festival for his role in "Hunger". He also brought the character Holger Palmgren, Lisbeth Salander's late lawyer and guardian, to life in film adaptations of late author Stieg Larsson's "The Girl Who Played With Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest".
- Kim Ji Won Reveals She's Jealous of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo
- Kris Jenner Is Planning to Send Rob Kardashian to Psych Ward
- Miley Cyrus and Jennifer Hudson Are Feuding on 'The Voice'
- Blac Chyna Parties With Lamar Odom and Tyga
- Girls' Generation's Yuri Injures Her Leg During SM Town Show
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective