'Gulliver's Travels' Wins U.K. Box Office on New Year
Jack Black's larger-than-life performance in "Gulliver's Travels" has proved a big draw to British cinemagoers - the movie has shot straight to the top of the U.K. box office. The 3D film adaptation of Jonathan Swift's classic tale, which sees Black's character Lemuel Gulliver stranded in a world of small people, pulled in $10.9 million over the New Year weekend.
"Little Fockers" fell into second place with takings of $3.9 million and Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal's "Love and Other Drugs" pulled in $2.4 million to sit at number three.
Colin Farrell's epic "The Way Back" was new at number four with $1.9 million while "The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" sailed into the number five spot with $1.8 million.
- Emma Roberts Is Mad Diva in 'Scream Queens' Season 2 Promo
- Katy Perry Credits Boyfriend Orlando Bloom for Helping Write Her DNC Speech
- Disney Gives 'Rocketeer' a Reboot With Exciting Twist - Get the Deets Here!
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'