'Gulliver's Travels' Wins U.K. Box Office on New Year
Jack Black's larger-than-life performance in "Gulliver's Travels" has proved a big draw to British cinemagoers - the movie has shot straight to the top of the U.K. box office. The 3D film adaptation of Jonathan Swift's classic tale, which sees Black's character Lemuel Gulliver stranded in a world of small people, pulled in $10.9 million over the New Year weekend.
"Little Fockers" fell into second place with takings of $3.9 million and Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal's "Love and Other Drugs" pulled in $2.4 million to sit at number three.
Colin Farrell's epic "The Way Back" was new at number four with $1.9 million while "The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" sailed into the number five spot with $1.8 million.
- Nicki Minaj Has Her Eyes on 'Sexy' Nick Cannon Amid Mariah Carey Diss
- Zayn Malik Terrified About Harry Styles' Solo Album: 'He's Going to Steal My Thunder'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24 Week 2: And the First Eliminated Celebrity Is ...
- Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello Reignite Romance Rumors With Dreamy Cover of Ed Sheeran's 'Kiss'
- Pregnant Beyonce Is 'in Hiding': She's Ballooned So Much She Doesn't Want Her Fans to See!
- See Creepy Pennywise and The Losers Club in New 'It' Photos
- 'True Detective' Will Return for Season 3 With David Milch
- Abby Lee Miller Exits 'Dance Moms': 'I Have Been Manipulated, Disrespected and Used'