'Gulliver's Travels' Wins U.K. Box Office on New Year
Jack Black's larger-than-life performance in "Gulliver's Travels" has proved a big draw to British cinemagoers - the movie has shot straight to the top of the U.K. box office. The 3D film adaptation of Jonathan Swift's classic tale, which sees Black's character Lemuel Gulliver stranded in a world of small people, pulled in $10.9 million over the New Year weekend.
"Little Fockers" fell into second place with takings of $3.9 million and Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal's "Love and Other Drugs" pulled in $2.4 million to sit at number three.
Colin Farrell's epic "The Way Back" was new at number four with $1.9 million while "The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" sailed into the number five spot with $1.8 million.
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer
- Report: Lee Jong Suk to Enlist to Military Soon
- Birthday Girl Julianne Hough Ditches Bikini Top During Romantic Honeymoon
- Comic-Con: Pennywise the Clown Mutilates His Victims in 'It' New Trailer and Clips
- Halle Berry Chugs a Half Bottle of Whiskey at 'Kingsman 2' Comic-Con Panel
- Are Miranda Kerr and Husband Evan Spiegel Expecting a Baby?