'Gulliver's Travels' Wins U.K. Box Office on New Year
Jack Black's larger-than-life performance in "Gulliver's Travels" has proved a big draw to British cinemagoers - the movie has shot straight to the top of the U.K. box office. The 3D film adaptation of Jonathan Swift's classic tale, which sees Black's character Lemuel Gulliver stranded in a world of small people, pulled in $10.9 million over the New Year weekend.
"Little Fockers" fell into second place with takings of $3.9 million and Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal's "Love and Other Drugs" pulled in $2.4 million to sit at number three.
Colin Farrell's epic "The Way Back" was new at number four with $1.9 million while "The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader" sailed into the number five spot with $1.8 million.
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2