Details of Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding Unveiled
Prince William and Kate Middleton have released details of their upcoming royal wedding, revealing they will lead a procession through the streets of London after the nuptials before enjoying a private reception hosted by The Queen.
The prince proposed to his fiance during a holiday in Kenya in October and they are set to wed at the U.K. capital's Westminster Abbey on April 29. A statement, released by Clarence House via Twitter.com, has now confirmed the couple's itinerary for the big day.
Following a morning ceremony at the abbey, the couple will be driven in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace, where British monarch Queen Elizabeth II - the prince's grandmother - will host a reception. William's father Charles, Prince of Wales will then treat guests to a private dinner and dancing at the palace.
The statement, released over a series of posts, reads, "Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton have made more decisions on their upcoming wedding. Miss Middleton will travel to Westminster Abbey by car. The route will include The Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament Square."
"The wedding service will begin at 11am. The Archbishop of Canterbury will marry Prince William and Miss Middleton, and the Bishop of London will give the address. The Dean of Westminster will conduct the service."
"The couple, now married, will return along a Processional Route in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace. On arrival at the Palace, friends and family will gather for a private reception, hosted by The Queen. The Prince of Wales will host a private dinner, followed by dancing, at Buckingham Palace in the evening, for close friends and family."
More Prince William News
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2