Details of Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding Unveiled
Prince William and Kate Middleton have released details of their upcoming royal wedding, revealing they will lead a procession through the streets of London after the nuptials before enjoying a private reception hosted by The Queen.
The prince proposed to his fiance during a holiday in Kenya in October and they are set to wed at the U.K. capital's Westminster Abbey on April 29. A statement, released by Clarence House via Twitter.com, has now confirmed the couple's itinerary for the big day.
Following a morning ceremony at the abbey, the couple will be driven in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace, where British monarch Queen Elizabeth II - the prince's grandmother - will host a reception. William's father Charles, Prince of Wales will then treat guests to a private dinner and dancing at the palace.
The statement, released over a series of posts, reads, "Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton have made more decisions on their upcoming wedding. Miss Middleton will travel to Westminster Abbey by car. The route will include The Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament Square."
"The wedding service will begin at 11am. The Archbishop of Canterbury will marry Prince William and Miss Middleton, and the Bishop of London will give the address. The Dean of Westminster will conduct the service."
"The couple, now married, will return along a Processional Route in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace. On arrival at the Palace, friends and family will gather for a private reception, hosted by The Queen. The Prince of Wales will host a private dinner, followed by dancing, at Buckingham Palace in the evening, for close friends and family."
More Prince William News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones