Details of Prince William and Kate Middleton's Wedding Unveiled
Prince William and Kate Middleton have released details of their upcoming royal wedding, revealing they will lead a procession through the streets of London after the nuptials before enjoying a private reception hosted by The Queen.
The prince proposed to his fiance during a holiday in Kenya in October and they are set to wed at the U.K. capital's Westminster Abbey on April 29. A statement, released by Clarence House via Twitter.com, has now confirmed the couple's itinerary for the big day.
Following a morning ceremony at the abbey, the couple will be driven in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace, where British monarch Queen Elizabeth II - the prince's grandmother - will host a reception. William's father Charles, Prince of Wales will then treat guests to a private dinner and dancing at the palace.
The statement, released over a series of posts, reads, "Prince William and Miss Catherine Middleton have made more decisions on their upcoming wedding. Miss Middleton will travel to Westminster Abbey by car. The route will include The Mall, Horse Guards Parade, Whitehall and Parliament Square."
"The wedding service will begin at 11am. The Archbishop of Canterbury will marry Prince William and Miss Middleton, and the Bishop of London will give the address. The Dean of Westminster will conduct the service."
"The couple, now married, will return along a Processional Route in a carriage procession to Buckingham Palace. On arrival at the Palace, friends and family will gather for a private reception, hosted by The Queen. The Prince of Wales will host a private dinner, followed by dancing, at Buckingham Palace in the evening, for close friends and family."
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle