Prince William's Wedding Condemned by Primal Scream
Rockers Primal Scream will not be joining U.K. street parties during the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this year - they're convinced it is "wrong" to celebrate the royal nuptials while there are children "starving". The "Come Together" hitmakers have blasted plans to make the big day in April a glitzy extravaganza, branding the lavish and expensive ceremony "disgusting".
Bass player Gary Mounfield tells Q magazine, "Let's roll out the golden f**king coaches and all our f**king crowns, when there's people starving. Disgusting. England must f**king truly burn one day." And frontman Bobby Gillespie adds, "I hate the royal wedding, man. It's wrong, y'know?"
The British royal announced his engagement last month, confirming the nuptials will take place in the U.K. capital in spring or summer this year. The couple was rumored to be deciding between two venues for the ceremony - St Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents, Charles and Diana, wed in 1981, and Westminster Abbey.
More Prince William News
- Katy Perry Is the Most-Followed Person on Twitter With Record-Breaking 90 Million Followers
- Here's Nick Young's Response to Iggy Azalea's Cheating Claims
- First Image From 'Ash vs. Evil Dead' Season 2 Reveals Surprising New Ally
- Drake Caught Leaving Rihanna's Hotel Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Lady GaGa Is Finally a Licensed Driver
- Check Out the New Drift in 'Transformers: The Last Knight'
- Louis Tomlinson Blasts Media, Asks Them to Respect Son's Privacy Amid Custody Battle
- Iggy Azalea Receives Flowers From Nick Young's Teammate D'Angelo Russell After Breakup?