Prince William's Wedding Condemned by Primal Scream
Rockers Primal Scream will not be joining U.K. street parties during the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this year - they're convinced it is "wrong" to celebrate the royal nuptials while there are children "starving". The "Come Together" hitmakers have blasted plans to make the big day in April a glitzy extravaganza, branding the lavish and expensive ceremony "disgusting".
Bass player Gary Mounfield tells Q magazine, "Let's roll out the golden f**king coaches and all our f**king crowns, when there's people starving. Disgusting. England must f**king truly burn one day." And frontman Bobby Gillespie adds, "I hate the royal wedding, man. It's wrong, y'know?"
The British royal announced his engagement last month, confirming the nuptials will take place in the U.K. capital in spring or summer this year. The couple was rumored to be deciding between two venues for the ceremony - St Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents, Charles and Diana, wed in 1981, and Westminster Abbey.
- 'Rambo' Gets 'New Blood' Remake Without Sylvester Stallone
- Listen to Alessia Cara's 'Moana' Song 'How Far I'll Go'
- Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photo Hacker Sentenced to 18 Months in Jail
- Kid Cudi Reacts to Drake's Diss Track: 'Say It to My Face, P*ssy'
- First Look at New Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant' Leaks
- Alec Baldwin Accused of Tax Evasion
- John Mayer Names His New Album 'The Search for Everything'
- These Jeffrey Dean Morgan-Jensen Ackles' Tweets Are Perfect 'Walking Dead'-'Supernatural' Crossover