Prince William's Wedding Condemned by Primal Scream
Rockers Primal Scream will not be joining U.K. street parties during the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this year - they're convinced it is "wrong" to celebrate the royal nuptials while there are children "starving". The "Come Together" hitmakers have blasted plans to make the big day in April a glitzy extravaganza, branding the lavish and expensive ceremony "disgusting".
Bass player Gary Mounfield tells Q magazine, "Let's roll out the golden f**king coaches and all our f**king crowns, when there's people starving. Disgusting. England must f**king truly burn one day." And frontman Bobby Gillespie adds, "I hate the royal wedding, man. It's wrong, y'know?"
The British royal announced his engagement last month, confirming the nuptials will take place in the U.K. capital in spring or summer this year. The couple was rumored to be deciding between two venues for the ceremony - St Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents, Charles and Diana, wed in 1981, and Westminster Abbey.
- Nashville Crowd Helps Kanye West Diss Taylor Swift
- 'Modern Family' to Make History by Casting Transgender Child Actor
- New 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Set Pic Sees Tom Holland Suiting Up as the Webslinger in Queens
- 'Scream Queens' 2.03 Preview Teases Bad Blood Between Chad and Brock
- Courteney Cox on Jennifer Aniston Dragged Into Brangelina Divorce: 'It's Not About Her'
- Rep Denies Lady GaGa Is Having Baby 'on Her Own'
- Get Your First Look at Nick Jonas in New 'Jumanji' Movie
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian Is Expecting Baby No. 4 With Scott Disick