Prince William's Wedding Condemned by Primal Scream
Rockers Primal Scream will not be joining U.K. street parties during the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this year - they're convinced it is "wrong" to celebrate the royal nuptials while there are children "starving". The "Come Together" hitmakers have blasted plans to make the big day in April a glitzy extravaganza, branding the lavish and expensive ceremony "disgusting".
Bass player Gary Mounfield tells Q magazine, "Let's roll out the golden f**king coaches and all our f**king crowns, when there's people starving. Disgusting. England must f**king truly burn one day." And frontman Bobby Gillespie adds, "I hate the royal wedding, man. It's wrong, y'know?"
The British royal announced his engagement last month, confirming the nuptials will take place in the U.K. capital in spring or summer this year. The couple was rumored to be deciding between two venues for the ceremony - St Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents, Charles and Diana, wed in 1981, and Westminster Abbey.
More Prince William News
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic
- Selena Gomez Spotted Lip Syncing to The Weeknd's Songs at His Show in Toronto
- Orlando Bloom's Naked Photo Is Spread All Over Hollywood
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala