Prince William's Wedding Condemned by Primal Scream
Rockers Primal Scream will not be joining U.K. street parties during the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton this year - they're convinced it is "wrong" to celebrate the royal nuptials while there are children "starving". The "Come Together" hitmakers have blasted plans to make the big day in April a glitzy extravaganza, branding the lavish and expensive ceremony "disgusting".
Bass player Gary Mounfield tells Q magazine, "Let's roll out the golden f**king coaches and all our f**king crowns, when there's people starving. Disgusting. England must f**king truly burn one day." And frontman Bobby Gillespie adds, "I hate the royal wedding, man. It's wrong, y'know?"
The British royal announced his engagement last month, confirming the nuptials will take place in the U.K. capital in spring or summer this year. The couple was rumored to be deciding between two venues for the ceremony - St Paul's Cathedral, where William's parents, Charles and Diana, wed in 1981, and Westminster Abbey.
More Prince William News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist